or Connect

Posts by JimC

Hello all,   I just purchased a pair of Chertseys over the counter and am having serious doubts about the fit around the toes.  I'm told that the suede stretches a significant amount and that room will come available soon, but I don't know if I have the strength to persevere until then.   I would take them back, but the store is in London and I am now back home is Australia, they have been worn outside, and the next half-size up was obviously too loose on my...
Thank you OTCTailor.  I'm itching to get back home so that I can double check all of these things.  Unfortunately it will then be well and truly too late to do anything about any shortcomings in time for the event it's intended for.  At least I have some direction now for the tailor.
Please pardon the gratuitous bump. I'm really keen to hear people's thoughts. For what it's worth, I sent this back to the tailor for adjustment and it seems to fit much better now. The shoulders look more natural, there is less bunching behind the arms, and the trousers are a little less full. Unfortunately however, I have no photos available. But if anyone is willing to spare a moment I would love to hear your comments.
Thanks gents for your suggestions.   I suspect you're all right and that it is from water spots.  And OzzyJones, I'm pretty sure that if it was poor aim-related that I can't point the blame at anyone else...  Murphy's law dictates that I only ever seem to be subjected to that when I'm not wearing enclosed footwear.   The fact that it could happen so quickly and so easily from what are probably small droplets after washing my hands is amazing.  As I said I have...
Hello gents,   Can anyone tell me what I might have done to cause the spots on my RM Williams?   The boots are about ten years old and have until recently been exposed to nothing more than RM Williams leather conditioner and RM Williams chestnut polish.  Apart from getting darker I've never had any problems.   I recently applied some Renovateur (after having had great success with both that and some cream polish on my black RMs) and I then applied brown...
Thanks TehBunny. The penny dropped re HB not long after I posted. I'm locked in now anyway so I guess we'll see how it turns out. The weave is apparent in the flesh but the cotton/hemp fabric gives it a pretty relaxed feel. It was a trade off between the formal wools and the too casual cottons I saw. I hope this strikes a nice balance.
Gents, what are your thoughts on MJ Bale's Monaco HB (and what does that stand for?) navy jacket? I bought one today along with matching trousers with the intention of wearing them for the most part as separate items. The pic on-line looks a little different to what I saw today as mine has brown/tortoiseshell buttons. I'm thinking chinos or jeans etc would look great, but could do with a second opinion as I'm a little green. Cheers!
Thanks Journeyman. Yes, I'm pretty sure there's a Herringbone in town. I'm hoping to find something a little more rounded in its approach. Henry Bucks like I suppose. I think I know the answer to that though. The thing is, I just haven't had as much luck with P&C as I'd like and I'm after options that don't involve a five hour flight.As far as P. Johnson tailors go I'll keep my ear to the ground for the next visit as yes I am inclined towards MTM. IN fact, that is what...
Can any of you guys recommend a tailor in or around Perth?   And are there any alternatives to Parker & Co for RTW?  I've not found anything even close, and find myself going interstate for purchases, but I'm hoping there's a hidden gem somewhere nearby...
My brand new Glen Check.  What a beautiful and well made tie!  Thank you David.   Please excuse my rough first ever attempt at a dimple.