or Connect

Posts by BattlePope

So, I'm going to pull the trigger on some shoe care products for my AE Park Avenue's in black. They are worn pretty infrequently (i.e. weddings, funerals, etc.) but would still like to care for them so they last a while. So far, my plan is to...
  Alright, thanks so much guys. I think I'm going to pick up this:   http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Meltonian&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3AMeltonian   As well as a buff brush and an applicator brush. Do you guys have recommendations for specific brands of brushes? If not, I'll probably just go with the Kiwi one. Also, this being my first pair of $300+ shoes, I really want to take good care of them. I'm hoping these bad boys last me 10+...
So, just got my first pair of dress shoes, Allen Edmonds Park Avenue's in black. I've already got cedar shoe trees for them but still need to pick up a few things. I'm definitely going to pick up a horsehair brush but am a bit lost on what else I should get. From what I've found from searching, I should also get a leather conditioner/cleaner and then a polish. Do you guys have any specific recommendations for the Park Ave's in black? Cream or wax? If I went with the...
Hey guys,   I've got a wedding this weekend and have a few quick questions. I was going to post this in the wedding thread but that seemed more oriented for the attire of the grooms/groomsmen so I apologize if this is not the right place for it. First of all, is wearing a three piece suit as a wedding guest frowned upon? I've heard some people say that you don't want to draw attention to yourself (consequently detracting attention from the bride and groom) so it...
Any recommended brands for a skinny guy like me?
Hi guys, I'm going to be attending a wedding this week (I fly out Thursday) and realized last night that my white dress shirt does not fit anymore. So I'm in a rush to find a new one and was hoping that you guys could help me out. I will definitely need a slim fit shirt. I know that you guys like Uniqlo but unfortunately they are out of my size in white, slim fit dress shirts. What would you guys recommend I do? Are there other sites online that you recommend I order...
  Shoot them an email here:   freeport@allenedmonds.com   They're very helpful. Park Ave seconds run around $270. The seconds just mean that there was a small defect from the factory which prohibits them from selling it. They sell these "seconds" at a discounted price. Oftentimes you can barely even tell what is wrong with them. New, they're about $345.
Great, thanks guys. Right now I'm emailing someone at the Allen Edmond's shoe bank and I have a line on some Park Ave seconds for $269 (shipped). So, Park Ave seconds or new Andrew Lock's? I'm leaning towards the Park Ave's, I like the styling a little bit better.
So I have a wedding coming up next week and I need a new pair of dress shoes to go with my charcoal suit. Right now I'm torn between the Allen Edmond's Park Ave's and the Johnston&Murphy Melton Oxford's (both in black). I guess what I'm wondering is if it's really worth it to drop the extra dough for the AE's? I know that they are much better shoes...I know the quality is better and that they will last me a long, long time if taken care of. The thing is, I'll probably be...
Hey guys,   I'm looking for a new pair of jeans and wanted to stop by to see what you guys think. I'm looking for some washed jeans with no distressing. I'm trying to find a wash similar to this:   http://imgur.com/QudLU   I realize that these are raw denim but don't quite have the funds to drop that much yet. My budget is $50-75 dollars. I'd be willing to spend a bit more if you guys think it's worth it though. I'm 6'1" and ~160 pounds. I would like the fit...