or Connect

Posts by tread1963

I don't know if this has been addressed previously, my apologies if so.  I remember seeing several queries regarding replacement laces for 1000 Mile boots.  After an exhaustive web search that led nowhere I filled out a request for info from Wolverine's Concierge service on their website and received the following reply.  Don't know about you, but I find $10 a pair to be excessive for laces, even the best laces at my cobbler's aren't that much.  Guess beggars can't be...
I have for sale a brand new in box pair of Wolverine Burton Boots in size 9D.  I bought these with the intent to use them for a particular purpose and ended up purchasing a pair of Wolverine 1000 Mile Austen Boots instead when they came up on sale.  I am selling these at a significant loss just to get rid of them.  Buyer pays $190 plus shipping.  Boots sell Retail for $270 and the best deal I can find on the web for these is $230.   Preferred Payment...
Just got my Wolverine Austen 1000 Mile Boots and immediately sno-sealed them, got them at a fabulous price 0f $270 on sale from DWND on Queen Street in Toronto.  Decided I needed a new pair of jeans to go with them so went to Over the Rainbow on Yorkville and got a pair of Naked and Famous Skinny Guy Left Hand Welt.   
When I took in my 721 LTDs for a half sole my cobbler told me it would cost a little extra as the oil in the leather meant additional treating of the sole prior to putting on the glue.  He said he was going to have to rough the leather up so that the glue would hold properly, may have mentioned adding some type of treatment beforehand as well but can't remember exactly.  Cost me an additional $10 due to the leather.  He didn't want to put them down either, mentioned...
Have to agree with Brad-t, raise your budget just a bit.  You can find a pair of Wolverine Burtons for just over $200 and although not up to the quality of the rest of the 1000 mile line it does have a full goodyear welt and you can always replace the cheaper sole with a Vibram as I'm going to be doing with my recently purchased pair, have a look.