or Connect

Posts by DoctorRN

Hi, I am planning to start a commission for a bespoke dinner suit in the next couple of weeks. I have a good idea of what I want: Single breasted, one button, no vent in midnight blue with grosgrain peak lapels. I would like a matching 'u shaped' waistcoat. I would be interested to know what people think and any advice they may have regarding any extra features. I would also be interested to know what the consensus is regarding buttons, should they be grosgrain covered or...
Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help me. I am trying to find a tunic shirt to wear with a detachable stiff collar. I want one that has white cuffs but a different coloured body. I have tried E&R, T&A and N&L but no luck. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Many thanks.
I am after some advice please. I have noticed that all of my shirts have developed mysterious marks that I am unable to explain (see picture). Initially I thought that they were stains from food. However I have noticed them on the underside of the collar as well, so this does not seem to explain it. I then thought that they were marks from my iron. After a change of iron, they continue to increase. It is not so much of a problem on dark shirts, but they are quite...
I am looking for some advice please. A couple of my shirts, which I have had for a few years, and never had problems with before, have started to wrinkle at the collar (see picture). Is there anything that can be done about this, or is it permenant? Many thanks.
Hi, I am looking for some advice please. I have a new linen waistcoat which I am hoping to wear to Ascot over the next few days. However, it was delivered in the post and is quite creased. Please could you advise on the best way to press this. It has a standard satin type lining and back. Many thanks.
Hi, I would like some advice please. I have an RTW grey three-piece morning suit from Hackett. I chose it because I really liked the shade of grey. Over the last year I have lost some weight (about 3/4 stone) and therefore the suit needs altering a bit, mainly taking the jacket and waistcoat in. My question is this, is it possible to alter tailcoats and still keep the contour of the coat and the same distance between the buttons on the back? Any advice would be greatly...
Does anyone have any experience with this tailor in Eton. I know that there is a Welsh & Jefferies on Savile Row, but are they the same company and quality? They have just quoted me a very good price for a bespoke morning suit. I imagine that they must have experience making these given their location. Any thoughts or previous experiences? Many thanks.
Hi, Thanks for the posts, please keep them coming. Just to clarify, I have used the incorrect terminology. I meant to say morning dress rather than morning suit. FondDeJante, yes please could you give me the details of the tailors you suggested.
Does anyone have any experience of a Cad & The Dandy morning suit?
Does anyone have any experience with Graham Browne bespoke morning suits?