or Connect

Posts by Bob the Badger

The scooter photo I would date about 1972. The bike registered in 1971 and no helmets indicates pre1973. No idea on the clothes/shoes. It was a time when many of us lost our way, clothes wise.
I didn't know anyone with a camelhair sports jacket.. Navy blazers, Prince of Wales, Houndstooth ,Dogtooth and Mohair were our thing. All 3 button, centre vent but not 3/2 roll and fitted not sack style except for the blazers
That's how I remember it. I was a big James Brown fan but, I can't say I was into him before about 72/73. By about 1975 the clubs I went to were playing him all the time including all his back catalogue.
JB was popular with my mates from about 1972/3 when the clubs we went to started to play the jazz/funk style of music.1968/69 was all about ska, reggae, bluebeat etc. Soul music was big for us (Stax/Atlantic) pre 1969 and the local Palais played Tamla which we considered a bit commercial. 
'Keep it neat and keep it clean' was exactly the mantra of my mob. We would have agreed with you on the logos as well. I seem to remember a Slazenger logo was also acceptable. I think the Fred Perry logo is or was the best logo of all but that would for me be down to nostalgia.
Good school photo Danny. We have seen it on here before. What are the details? I thought I recognised the boy standing in front of you.
Spot-on Roytonboy. Saved me the trouble of writing a reply. I am only interested in the 1960s to early 1970's as far as this site is concerned.
If you are over 60 (which most originals are) and you pay London borough council taxes you can get a free Oyster card. I have one which I use occasionally.  Needs to have a photo so not transferable. Oyster cards are free for some tube workers their families and even friends. A bit of a racket really but I am not complaining. 
What about clogs, crocs , flip flops and cowboy boots? Not to mention trainers .
I am a big fan of desert boots in general and Clarks in particular. They are a great, versatile boot. I would not pay £250 for a pair though.I never pay more than £50.