or Connect

Posts by Bob the Badger

Cheers G. Not in my size but I might go up a size and take a chance.
I prefer the rounded toe of the 3 eye chukka boot. Can't find them on the DM UK site. Typical. 
I remember the bounce soon went if you trod on a nail. With a knife heated over a gas stove it was possible to do a DIY repair. The last pair of air wair boots I bought were missing the bounce even when fresh out of the box. Did the manufacturing process change?
Where can I buy them? They look good to me. I would like a pair in oxblood .
 The boot of choice in my mob was the 6 eyelet. We didn't go for the higher boot nonsense or steel toe caps. Back then a lot of running took place so a low lightweight boot was best. We didn't hang about street corners and I used shoes for pubs and dancehalls. I had a pair of officer boots that were higher but didn't wear them much. The early MIE air wair soles seemed more bouncy to me than later versions but that might be my memory playing tricks.
'London United' as we used to chant down at Southend on a bank holiday weekend back in 69/70, just to prevent local rivalries from breaking out.
Dodgy geezers on the razzle? 
Apparently, a Burton suit made to measure would have cost about £225 at today's prices in 1966. At those prices I would have a M to M suit for every day of the week. In 1966 a man would order a suit on average every two years and have to wait about six weeks for it to be made. 
The term 'Herbert' goes back generations in East London. My grandfather who would be 120 years old today used the term and so did my dad. Other terms for young men were 'Hounds' and 'Roosters'. Definitely not words created by skinheads. 'Sort' however I believe to be a Skinhead created word.
I had a similar experience with a group of mates looking through endless swatch books in a high street tailors. Very easy to make a mistake on material choice. Apart from my Prince of Wales jacket I kept to the mohair fabrics. Yes it was a right of passage that unfortunately no longer happens.