or Connect

Posts by Bob the Badger

Back then we didn't carry cameras with us except perhaps on holiday so not enough photos exist from that time.  It is always good to find a photo that backs up the memory as to what was being worn at any time.To my knowledge only one photo of me from 69/70 exists on the Internet. I can boast how smart I was without contradiction I did find some photos of me from the mid 70's in the loft but I wouldn't want them to get out.
Blimey,  I've never seen a Skinhead family before.     Great photos on the tumblr blog. I've already spotted some people, boys and girls, that I knew from school.
 Which would date the photo about 1976. The woman in the background top right suggests a holiday camp setting.
 Yes, the jeans, cords or sta-prest were all worn to just cover the top of a 6 eyelet boot. We all had a cardigan for casual wear.I only had one pair of braces and didn't wear them much. The skinhead caricature was a joke.
 Back in 1969 I had  Back in 1969 I had both types of box pleats on my B'S shirts. I preferred the closed ones then but now the box pleat needs to be open for my tastes.
Well spotted. The ones I saw had a vertical seam.
If they are made in England then they are a real bargain.
     Good purchase Ed. I like the shape of the Clarks. The Loakes have a deeper and better brogue hole punch in IMO but the leather of the Clarks looks good. The ones I saw were made in Vietnam, as are the Desert boots. If you can turn them into a true burgundy they will be even better.
Why don't you review for us the books you recommend?
Were they in burgundy? how much did you pay?