or Connect

Posts by Bob the Badger

In 71 I went out with a girl who lived on the Isle of dogs who supported Millwall and she said some of her male school mates were also Milllwall fans even though the school was north of the river. Don't know if it was true. Some of my mob used to go to one or two pubs down the Old Kent Road mid 70s. But we never felt as comfortable as we did down the Mile End Road.There was a club in Charing Cross where East and South London sometimes bumped into each other. Did you ever...
As we know Skinheads didn't invent aggro at football matches but I think they raised it to a new level. Rivalry between WHU and Millwall goes back to at least the 30s, between different dockworkers. I don't remember any matches or trouble between them in the 60s. 
Very true. Robert Elms in particular  used to peddle the accepted media view that the UK was a boring monoculture before the 80s.He contradicts himself in his book, of course.
I was. The QPR shirt was a good one. My brother had a copy. He also had a Celtic Hooped shirt. Popular with Local Catholic boys.Maybe this is off topic but it was part of the culture of the time 
And behind Clyde Best can be seen another great Crystal Palace shirt
Both shirts are better than the recent away kits, I reckon anyway.
IMO the greatest football shirt ever. Thinking about it there was an earlier WHU shirt with one claret and one blue hoop that was even better. Crystal Palace had a similar shirt. 
Looks like John Hollins in Chelsea strip 1970 or 1971. So not way off.
That is really interesting because I seem to remember that FP now claim that in about 1956 it was West Ham fans that asked FP for the white tennis shirt to be done with claret and blue tips to collar. The shirt in the catalogue is pretty close in maroon and blue and this was 1952. I have a family photo of my dad his work mate me and my brother all wearing FPs at the seaside in about 1960.Great find Clouseau, you live up to your name. I want everything from that 1952...
I had a red jacket similar to James Dean's in the 80's and called it a blouson.    We didn't wear donkey jackets but some mates had them when the skinhead thing was over and wore them at football.   Pea coats were not worn by us but older mods liked them.   I didn't see that girl's hairstyle. Our girlfriends tended to have shoulder length hair. MoM's sketch is much more accurate for the young skinhead girls look.   Good to post on Page 1969. A significant date in...