Posts by Bob the Badger

At the time I lived in Leeds. I was a student at the university. All my housemates watched the game at the students union. When that goal was scored my mate Mike from Sunderland went crazy and as we were surrounded by Leeds fans we nearly got into a bundle. I remember all neutrals wanted Sunderland to win.
I knew a small 14 year old who shopped there in 69 so they must have sold small sizes. Ben Sherman used to sell children's sizes in their shirts in 69 because my brother bought them. He saved about 10 bob by doing so.
You go first Fruitbat and let us know how you get on!
During the 70s the FA Cup was a competition all clubs wanted to win.
 This. Site could well be a scam. If it is legit let us know because I would pay £60 for Kenmore longwings.
I remember the peanut seller at Upton Park would walk around the edge of the pitch throwing bags of peanuts, for those that wanted them, into the crowd and money would be thrown back onto the field. I think peanut sellers were at most grounds, back then.
That's how my mob understood the 'insult'.I remember we were also called boneheads and skinheads by rockers or greasers back in about 1967 when we were herberts hanging about street corners. Our hair would have been at least 1/2 inch or longer at the time.The term skinhead was around some time on the streets before the media picked up on it. And none of us would have been seen dead in a grandad shirt. That was hippy rubbish. 
Most of my mates dressed like the boys in the first photo in 1969. We were creating our own style and we weren't trying to be mods. But we looked up to mods who were our older brothers, cousins, the older boys at school. The term skinhead started off as an insult to us but we went with the flow and adopted it but were never entirety comfortable with the label. 
During the 70s I also worked, for a couple of years, as a post office 'casual' pre Christmas . The first year I had one regular 'walk' but tried to work fast, return to the sorting office and get a second and sometimes third walk. Back then people gave a Christmas 'box' (money) to the dustman, milkman, postman and the bread delivery man. I sometimes managed to collect a Christmas box but the regular postman always did the last couple of deliveries before Christmas to...
During the 70s, Christmas Eve lunchtime, we used to all meet up in a pub within the City square mile. Some of us were at college, others had a free travelling day from work and a few worked nearby. The City pubs were the place to be for meeting up with the girls who worked as secretaries in the financial district. We had some great times warming up for the Christmas holidays.