or Connect

Posts by Bob the Badger

Sussed indeed, but maybe showing a bit too much red sock?
 Sean, as a matter of interest , what shoes are you wearing in the photo?
 Diddycoys?
I think yellow was the no. 1 colour for us followed by black or red.My younger brother had all three. 
I don't remember Slazenger polos in our area but in about 1970 as suedeheads we did wear their V necked jumpers. My first pair of real football boots were Slazenger before I graduated to Puma brand.
I wore Fred Perrys all through the 60's. I have holiday photos of my dad, his mate, me aged about 11 and my brother aged nine all wearing FPs in about 1964. If you bought a Tennis shirt that is what you got. There wasn't a wide range of brands available. Original skinheads did wear them in our area. John Smedleys with the larger collar were worn by my older Mod cousins.
 Our mob bought our jungle greens from the Army and Navy store at the chequers, Dagenham . It also had the musty smell.
 To be a paper millionaire in West London near Stamford Bridge you only need to have your own house in that area. I have worked with a few chaps in that situation who bought their houses in the 70's and are now sitting pretty.
Mr Knightley I think the reason I remember Whitsun 1970 so well was that my mates made the national newspapers and we discussed the day amongst ourselves many times over the years. I can't remember however if we even went to any pubs that day or if we went on the pier. I don't remember if I went to Southend on the August Bank Holiday or if I went to Torquay where we started to visit when we grew out of the mob mentality.
Absolutely right for the smart dressers but some of the crowd at the seaside were boys who hung around street corners and would wear a more kiss me quick imitation trilby. Also I don't remember the shawl collar cardigan being popular but ordinary ones were. I had one myself. The real trilby didn't seem to last more than a few months in my manor. I liked them but never got round to buying one.