or Connect

Posts by Robert Q Smith

There were plenty of guys in tuxedos, and they looked fine. It was the guys in suits that seemed to break every rule you all so gently identified. :)   Fit was a big one. They had really baggy suits. I never noticed that before now. There were also some incredibly bad colors. A brown suit REALLY looks bad among so many black suits and tuxes.    I have to admit, I never looked at anyone's shoes even once. Heh.   Was a GREAT party. Thanks again everyone for the...
First off, thank you all so much for the feedback! I also received a few PMs with great advice.    I ended up getting some "cheap" oxfords that looked really nice. They're not Allen Edmonds, but I'm saving for those right now. I also found a great fitted white shirt with french cuffs at Macy's (again, I needed to act fast and keep it cheap. In this case, $25 got me a shirt that looked infinitely better than anything I already own) and a pair of cuff links. I also...
I wish I could say I was a long time lurker, but I'm pretty new here. I found SF while browsing for a solution to my problem last night. Hopefully one of you guys can help.   Tonight I have to attend a "Formal Party". It's a sudden thing, and I have no time to get a tux. This is going to by the first of many Formal Parties to come due to a career change.    I think purchasing a tux will be my end game, but for now I need to know what I can do tonight to keep from...