or Connect

Posts by panny111

Closest AE Outlet is about 2 hours away.  Maybe I can call ahead to see if they even have my size and style before I make the road trip.    I am pretty decent on ties.  Have a ton from my younger years that I am about to donate, but have about 8-10 standard ones that will work.  Looking to add 2 more solids, repp stripe, and a plaid or check in standard navy/blue/white/red combos.  I meant getting cheap ties at Thetiebar.com, not using "tie bars", my bad.   Since...
Thanks for the comment.    Why $350 on shoes.  From what I have read, one place one should not try to skimp on are shoes.  My current AE Black Park Ave are over 5 years old and still look brand new since I take good care of them and they don't get a ton of wear.  However, I have gone through tons of J&M's, Cole Haan's, Hugo Boss, Mezlan, and yes even Kenneth Cole over the past 10 years.  I want to get a quality pair and don't mind spending a little more there. ...
So, starting a new job in Feb. where it's suit and tie almost everyday except Friday.  I believe sportscoat and trousers are acceptable, but from what I saw after three rounds of interviews, I only saw guys suited up.    Anyhow, for the past 12 years, I worked from home (Chicago) working for a Boston based business.  So, my business clothes mostly consisted of PJ's, jeans, and t-shirts.  Being in sales, I do own many business casual outfits, but only 1 formal black...