or Connect

Posts by Eric Gill Sans

Thanks for postingThis is complete news to meI never seen any other reference to this collection not seen any of the clothes
Agree - great post and reviewThanks for taking the time to write it
Thanks for the heads up!Looks greatAlso a few items at End
That was my thought on the trouser frontThe farm pants are a bit baggy IMO to go with the Mallory - certainly not for the faint heartedMight look good with a fitted Kitchener jacket though
Agree - the ventile on the Mallory on the Cabourn site doesn't look blue as the one from EndDon't know what the answer isI suspect it might be different coloured Ventile and the End colourway is an exclusiveMuch prefer the look on the Cabourn website
Agree - problem is it all looks goodI think there are a few more pieces to comeA 6 pocket Tenzing is quoted somewhere as being on the horizon and I think there is a double breasted jacket to comeI'm also guessing there might be a few unique colour ways going to End Clothing on a few pieces judging by their descriptions when I phoned them the other day
Just looking at Cabourn's SS15 collection which has gone live today on his website Absolutely love it It's the most wearable and comprehensive collection since the SS10 collection, in my view Stand out pieces for me: Cropped CWP in the beige khaki Aircraft (similar to last year) in khaki -with the bellow pockets taken from the Luftwaffe trousers which look great Tropics PO coat Short taped smock The black linen Mallory But for me the Kitchener jacket is just sublime I...
This was the post - back in the days when i was posting for fun -  post number 2831 3/7/13
Sir Hilary's orange Antarctic parka was on display in the Auckland museum Might be still there as there was an exhibition in 2013
Sir Edmund Hilary did wear his orange Parka which was made for him for the trans Antarctic expedition on EverestBut not to the summit - he wore it when he returned to the foothills with his son and apparently he wore it on numerous occasions when he visited Tibet and the lower Everest slopesA couple of years ago on this thread I posted a photo of him wearing it on Everest in around 1960