or Connect

Posts by Bzack

Hi, any input on the hybrid jackets?  This one in particular.  I live in NorCal (East Bay) and need a jacket that can be lightly layered and worn in spring and fall.  I'm looking for something that resembles an unconstructed sport coat  and this seemed to fit the more casual end of the bill for that.  I was looking at the Jcrew barn jacket but I just don't think it would be versatile enough for me.   I did read some earlier posts in this thread that commented on it's...
Anyone have any feedback on the McGraw's?  I am thinking of pulling the trigger today.  My only reluctance is it's a loafer and I just tried the Presidio with bad results.  I know the #2 last is difficult so I'm hoping the #4 is more forgiving.  Typically I'm a 10D in the #5 last.
I don't think that I can try anything else in the 2 last, it's just an odd fit for my foot.     I just got my return label from Adam.  He's been really helpful when I purchase shoes from the Brookfield store.  I'm thinking of trying the McGraw's in Walnut.  Does anyone have experience with the 4 (234) last?  I do have a pair of Cortlands and I think they are on the 4 last as well but I think it might be the 4 (444) last.  Not sure of the difference besides what is stated...
I thought the Presidio was on the #2 last.  It's the Brooks Brothers loafer with the combo sole.  Unless I'm confused and mistaken, which I've been known to be both.     It's these on the BB website.  I got them as seconds from AE.
Is it the #2 last or just the fact that there is less room for sizing errors on loafers.  I really wanted those Presidio's to fit.  I guess I'm onto to a different model.  Ugh.
That's helpful.  I'm going to try the tongue pad.  If that doesn't work than I'm going to return and try the Patriot.  I would be all over it but I really want walnut and that isn't offered (at least I don't see it on the site).  Also, that combination tap sole looks pretty awesome.   *edit* I see the Westchester is offered in Walnut.  Not sure on the 7 last but I could give that a shot as well.
Well I talked to Jerry and he recommended a tongue pad which I should have thought of myself considering it's what I have in my Royal Imperial Florsheim's.  I'll give that a shot and see if it works.  Anyone think that will be odd if I wear no show socks with these?  Skin rubbing on that tongue pad.   It's a mild let down when you get a new pair of AE's, rush to get them on and then realize you have to wait a little bit longer...Oh well, good practice in patience.
I just received my BB Walnut Loafers (Presido's) and inspected them.  They look fine, a few cosmetic issues which is why they are seconds but nothing really noticeable.  What is noticeable is the heel slippage on both feet.  I am normally a 10D in the 5 last so I tried the same with these but I'm reluctant to try and size down as I think that might be to small.  I'm wondering if I need to try a loafer in a different last?  Visually I like the BB loafer because it seemed...
  I will in a few days.  I just ordered a pair of seconds from Brookfield.  I can't wait to get them (is checking the tracking everyday expecting that date to move up strange behavior?).  I've been looking for loafers for some time.  I went with walnut because I figured that they were, as you said, 'inherently more causal' to begin with.  I thought the walnut would be better for summer when I am at my most casual.  Plus I already have the Fifth Avenues in Walnut and think...
I guess the question would be, if I were to get Leeds what size?  I'm a 10D in the 5 last but a 10.5C in the 4.  I suppose a trip to the store would truly answer the question but off the top do you know how the 1 last fits?   Thanks!