or Connect

Posts by JonChops

Another thumbs up for Equus here! I ordered the burgundy west end to go with my AE Park Avenues, and then got worried that the burgundy's would not match. I had them send me the swatches, and sure enough they didn't match, and didn't really compliment each other either. They had almost finished making my belt, but Charlie said it was no problem and offered to make a new one in Australian Nut for me! Outstanding service, and a great belt that seems to be very solid! I...
Are you sure? They didn't provide me with a shipping label...
I was stoked about these boots after I bought them... But a month in and look: And here's a comparison of the non unravelling stitching: Wolverine wants me to ship them in to them for a return, but I'm guessing the shipping would cost the same as the repair. So I'm either going to throw in the towel on these boots and cut my losses, or take a chance and get the repair at a local cobbler. Does anyone have a recommendation for a cobbler on the west suburbs of Chicago...
bump, any more thoughts or opinions out there?
Fugly or fantastic?  I've been on the fence about these and need you to push me one way or the other!  For winter casual wear or with a nicely paired sportcoat:   http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Peal-Co.®-Leather-and-Tweed-Boots/MH00038,default,pd.html?dwvar_MH00038_Color=BRWN&contentpos=2&cgid=0494
I will have to second the wallet interest and I'm guessing that I would probably be willing to pay the premium if the wallet could handle the abuse. Unfortunately my shoes eat renovateur, and my pockets eat wallets
Crane, would it not be best advised to do what works best for you in the long run? You may not be following conventional wisdom when you purchase a shoe/boot that is somewhat too tight in certain places, but if those places stretches after a short period of time and then afterwards the shoe as a whole fits you perfectly... How can you beat that?I have a pair of chromexcel boots that I really wanted but when I tried them on in the store every size didn't fit quite right. ...
PM sent, thanks!