or Connect

Posts by no frills

Oh right - forgot you have the 5712.  Moving on then.  Yes, those photos you posted are really, really lovely!  Kate Upton levels of photogenic - BOOM!  Awesome reasons behind your choices for managing your collection, thanks for sharing. Headed on a business trip today.  Cold settling in.  Felt fedora weather.  My impression of James Bond villain Oddjob about to inflict some serious hurt with the hat in this picture, although technically speaking I believe he sported a...
 Oh. Didn't realize that MSRP was that high.  If that's the case I will most likely consider secondary market options for this "cousin" of the ROC:  Although I have yet to warm up to the all-gold 5980/1R, both in terms of MSRP (over $90K!) or just the all-gold thing.  And yes, I've seen several, put some on my wrist, had other friends singing its praise.  Still not doing it for me. But it certainly appeals to Lord Disick!  True dat.  However, as with fake tits I think...
 I have never felt much of a pull for ROCs but that picture you posted was lovely and would certainly convince me to take a second look.
 The knot in this picture is rather large, isn't it?  Half-Windsor + rather thick Stefano Ricci ties + general incompetence on my part.  I have since learned to tie tighter knots.   I think.    Last is RIva.
 Yes - already planning to see Phillip Car at Leffot in late October...  Stole the picture on the left from St Crispin but I think the 524 from Leffot is of a darker shade.  That's me with Phillip back when I ordered the pair (wearing them then).  Off topic: I think my suit drapes like sh*t from the strange angle of this picture.  I swear it fits much better (at least I think so).  Ahahaha!     EDIT: It's color 606.  I smartly figured that out from the box just now...
Love St Crispin's.  I shamefully only have one pair - the 524 Chukkas.
 Lovely pair, Dan. How come I only found this thread now, sheez.
 Agree here - hard to disentangle the catch-all term "brand" with (a) the specific design and (b) the contribution of the individual designer.  After all, the "brand" is affected by the individual piece too, for good or for ill. In a sense the Genta designs are a bit of an anomaly for the "big brands" - for them to even acknowledge an individual's contribution to the design of a piece. Did Genta have sharp IP lawyers advising him, insisting that he attach his name to the...
 Great question.  I once used to say, with much conviction, that I would never, ever buy a Patek sports watch.  I thought the Nautilus looked strange, and was as "un-Patek" as could be, given my perceptions of the brand at the time and the Nautilus's unique history. Then I saw it on the wrist of Rudi Albers at Wempe - and he had me put it on my wrist.  And he sold me that very same watch about a week later.  Welcome and thanks for sharing!  Not going to deny this.  And...
 ^ Like.  Would you know this model's reference number, or if it came with a display back? The reason I ask about the display back is that a lot of people quite enjoy looking at the movement... except for Pateks of this case shape oftentimes the movement isn't as impressive.  My impression at least!  This looks great! Also, at some point after the new iPhone comes out I am dumping my Blackberry, which has once again begun to malfunction.  Perhaps I will be able to take...