or Connect

Posts by no frills

@NonServiam - that T39 superdome is BOOM indeed. Boom!
Sadly, you're right. I won't be getting much hugs and kisses from minute repeaters though. But then again minute repeaters also won't steal my life, rip my heart out from my chest and f*ng own it. Damn trade-offs...
Thanks! We shall see - my girls are growing up to be "real enthusiasts." They still have the "watches" they assembled at the Vacheron children's watchmaking workshop several weeks ago and enjoy bugging each other about the "complications." Hahah!Congratulations on getting your baby home. Are you happy with the service you had her go through?
Hahahaha! That's not in line with The Plan... But accidents happen... OMG!
Looks great! And what is this about "old men needing to be looked after!" Heh heh.Attending my three year old's "preschool recognition ceremonies" later this morning. Wearing the piece she will likely inherit - "if all goes according to The Plan." Ahaha!
Looking good! Hard for me to tell the color of that dial from my phone this slow morning - is that blue or black?
@NonServiam - your collection has always been splendid. But that pic of that domed crystal in that set is something else. Also, that AP! Boom.
I applaud this investment, brother @Steel28, and believe it is necessary as part of any future watch acquisition.
 The Dunhill/Namiki collabs before World War II forced them to sever the relationship have some wonderful examples.  Sadly, I fear I like to actually write with these things a bit much, so I'm always fearful that some of the older nibs won't stand up to the daily grind.  Some of the modern examples I have always go through John Mottishaw at Classic Fountain Pens for a little "nib optimization" just to make sure it writes super smoothly.
T'was an ill timed plan for sure, severely tested and ridden with "exceptions"...