or Connect

Posts by no frills

Trying again via TapaTalk. Post not as cool without Kate or Katy./****** Apparently I live on Instagram too - mainly timepieces, shoes, attire and the occasional cheeseburger. @no_frills_vc. ******/
 Ahahaha, nice edits mimo.  On the other hand, I already feel proud of myself that it's been weeks since I seriously started obsessing about these links and I have yet to pull the trigger.  And here I am about to wait for another month?  Sheez. Dino is right, though.  Comparable solid gold offerings from Cartier, Hermes, etc are in the same range or even more expensive. Here I go justifying things in my head....  BOOM!
 Not yet.  Waiting for bonus season a month or so from now so I feel better about blowing some cash haha.  But my willpower is steadily eroding......
 Sorry about that.  I admit that while it was fun having Wempe's manager take that wrist shot for us, it would have been more fun had we been with Kate as she took this selfie:  Here are some pics of the Patek cuff links in yellow gold that I am sorely tempted by.  Not mine, but from the good 'ol Internet:    I am also sorely tempted by these older versions of their cuff links, which are also cheaper actually (less gold though):  (Again, pic ain't mine but from the...
Quick update: quite enjoyed meeting up with my TWAT brothers Newcomer and DLJr. We all enjoyed meals with serving sizes so large that we just ate half. In the spirit of TWAT we passed by Wempe to check out some fun stuff. Here's a wrist shot of the three of us checking out some pieces from Nomos: We also passed by one of my dealers on 47th street, where Nuke and DLJr were supposed to be the "voices of reason" potentially "talking me out" of these insanely priced Patek...
 See?  Told you Dino would weigh in more comprehensively. What I wanted to say was that all of the associations with the 1016 is necessarily correct or historically accurate - only that such perceived associations may serve to pump up the secondary market price of the piece.   For example, Cleav's post below from Hodinkee associates the 1016 with Edmund Hillary (because he apparently owned one)...   ... even though this other Hodinkee article clarifies that it wasn't a...
Also stitchy those pics of that 1016 are frigging awesome. Looks like a well maintained piece. /****** Apparently I live on Instagram too - mainly timepieces, shoes, attire and the occasional cheeseburger. @no_frills_vc. ******/
Dino will expound on this in great detail but wasn't the 1016 widely associated with several "historical" cool stuff:1. Sir Edmund Hillary - or Tenzing Norgay - wearing the piece when they summited Mt Everest. Long discussion about whether or not they actually wore the pieces or if they just brought some that Rolex provided for them along for the ride.2. The 1016 is the original "James Bond" watch from the Sir Ian Fleming novels (not the movies). Fleming himself probably...
 Hawhawhaw just keeping it funny. Although technically speaking I think my friend's Hublot is more expensive than my Exp I.  Quite like my Exp I better though! 
My workout buddy told me my arms need more work. I told him his wrist game needs more work. Boooom! /****** Apparently I live on Instagram too - mainly timepieces, shoes, attire and the occasional cheeseburger. @no_frills_vc. ******/