or Connect

Posts by no frills

Dino does not make mistakes. Only deliberate lapses to test whether we're paying attention. So I went to the Rolex boutique at 5th avenue this afternoon and finally wore the all platinum Daytona. Got up close and personal with it, though they made me wear gloves. So should I make the trade? Patek in yellow gold for an all platinum Daytona!!! But what if they threw the blue/black GMT in the deal? #justkiddingnosuchdealwasofferedplusiamnotthatdumb /******...
Thanks for this. Yes, I looked this one up. Interesting rugged look indeed. Does it look similar to these boots I have from Carmina, also made from Horween shell cordovan?Sorry totally OT now but once you have stitchy on the line for advice I'm milking it for all it's worth! ūüėČ/****** Apparently I live on Instagram too - mainly timepieces, shoes, attire and the occasional cheeseburger. @no_frills_vc. ******/
Hmm you're right. I wore these shell cordovan yesterday so had to rotate to something else.I will consider the natural water/weather resistance of shell cordovan next time it snows/rains! Thanks as always stitchy!/****** Apparently I live on Instagram too - mainly timepieces, shoes, attire and the occasional cheeseburger. @no_frills_vc. ******/
 Thanks for the question and hey, we all have to start from somewhere right.  I learned much of what I know about watches from this very thread - welcome and happy to have you here!  Thanks, stitchy. I'm going to confess that I am wearing $70 beater shoes I picked up from DSW.  Double monkstraps in "brandy" by that venerable shoe manufacturer Mercanti Fiorentini.  Quite comfortable, honestly.  But also very appropriate given that it's raining and snowing outdoors and I'd...
Ahaha - and on that note, a better shot of the Patek 3970 in yellow gold. Birthed nowhere else but here in TWAT too several months ago, worn at least once a week since then - no safe queen, this beauty.Full Frilly attire today. One button peak lapel bespoke suit with hacking pockets. Half break pants looking like triple break because I held my breath too much I think and the pants fell an inch below where it's supposed to sit haha. Quite like the subtle windowpane pattern...
Ahaha - and on that note, a better shot of the Patek 3970 in yellow gold. Birthed nowhere else but here in TWAT too several months ago, worn at least once a week since then - no safe queen, this beauty.Full Frilly attire today. One button peak lapel bespoke suit with hacking pockets. Half break pants looking like triple break because I held my breath too much I think and the pants fell an inch below where it's supposed to sit haha. Quite like the subtle windowpane pattern...
Yes, I like side tabs on fitted suit pants. Sue me. /****** Apparently I live on Instagram too - mainly timepieces, shoes, attire and the occasional cheeseburger. @no_frills_vc. ******/
 Congratulations in advance to your wife - I'm sure she'll love it!  Share pics if you can/want!  Love this story, thanks so much for sharing.  As a father of two girls, the lines I put in bold especially resonates.  Good stuff my man!And yes, it's cold today.
Autumn demands some color and warmth: /****** Apparently I live on Instagram too - mainly timepieces, shoes, attire and the occasional cheeseburger. @no_frills_vc. ******/
 76277 + 300 (tally from this past month's worth of workouts, only discovered this thread today thanks to TheTukker) = 76577.