or Connect

Posts by no frills

Thanks @jhcam8!  But wait, let me read up on all this...  
You mean something like this? (Sorry, I'll take a better picture later when the lighting conditions are more optimal)
 Thanks!  It's the 45th anniversary Speedmaster Apollo 13 Silver Snoopy Award, launched/announced in Basel earlier this year.  Comes in an appropriately swanky presentation box, with literature about the Snoopy Award / NASA and Omega's involvement in the Apollo 13 mission.   I originally ordered/requested number 0069 (heh), but I ended up getting 0501 out of 1,970 pieces (the Apollo 13 mission was 45 years ago, back in 1970).  The black and white motif was patterned after...
 Hahaha thanks @Dino944... I guess I made an exception for this whimsical little thing. And delivery was only delayed by three to four months!
On topic re: Omega. The Beagle has landed.
   Because @Dino944 is one KICK A** DEFINITIVE DUDE.
   Congrats @Novelty77 - and as @rnguy001 has pointed out, there is no way this is your end-watch. :) 
As requested:
The missus celebrated her birthday last week, and after weeks of searching for a piece that would work for her, I presented her with this:     It is the first AP in our family - ref 15451 at 37mm with a diamond bezel - and the missus was quite overjoyed!
Speaking of "etc's" - had lunch with Jean Claude Biver and the Tag Heuer folks the other day, in light of the recent launch of the Tag Heuer | Google collab.   Not exactly running to the boutique to buy that "smart watch," but had a ton of fun just listening to JCB riff on watches, his history in the industry, auction prices these days, and the like. What an interesting, energetic dude!     That is my friend's 1972 A series ref 5402 he is fondling. He also quite...