or Connect

Posts by no frills

What about this one? Offered to me about a week ago. I did not kop.
Probably not impossible. Glad I overpaid for my Wolf winder...
My 5711 and the 5800 on the wrist of my friend's wife: FWIW my wife's wrist is all of 6" or even slightly smaller and she has no problems wearing my 5711. Or any of my watches, for some reason...
 The 5711 blue dial is very, very difficult to find, at least around ADs in NYC.  Even pre-owned mint 5711s are trading at close to MSRP of $26,700.  Thierry Stern has definitively stated that they intend to limit production of the 5711 blue dial.   I'm not sure if it's easier to find via other ADs in other geographies, but even grey market resellers here in NYC find it difficult to source, and presumably their networks are nationwide. A NOS / mint pre-owned 5800 is even...
 How big is your wrist?! Mine is all of 6.25".
But does it qualify as a dress watch? Tried and True - I detested the Nautilus and spoke vigorously against it in the past. Then I tried the 5711 in the metal and on my wrist and, well, I fell in love with it.
Cloudy day in NYC. PC in plat.
But should it be accepted by TWAT/SF/mimo's standards?
 If it's a DSSD then you might as well not post it! I keeeeed! 
 There's a reason the 114270 hasn't been sold: it was my first "good" watch, it's been around for years and seen me through the birth of two kids, and though my preferences have evolved to desire her larger, beefier sisters every so often, her svelte 36mm good looks always have a welcome place on my wrist.  There are also fine details like that raised crystal, rounded edges (which the Subs and SDs don't have, but the Daytona does), and lacquered dial that offer a visual...