or Connect

Posts by no frills

No watch pickup today but got an EG Galway and a JL Philip II.    Oh alright.  There's a watch shot here somewhere.  Wrist shot below with Steven Taffel of Leffot, who was wearing a vintage GMT today. 
    Thanks, gents.  Quite like the fabric - part of a three-piece suit I wore today.  Was cold in NYC but too warm to wear a coat over a suit.  Three-piece it is.  Another shot of my two new babies here:  Have to wear a suit again tomorrow so it may well be the JL's maiden voyage tomorrow.
 Thanks, Alan - stand up guy, that Steven.  I visit Leffot way too often. Glad you and I aren't the same size, and that UK8.5/US9 was still available for me, heh heh. I really thought I'd get the Galways with shearling but when I wore it again and walked around in it the dark oak/pebble grain worked better for me, given how I usually wear boots.Sorry for the double post, guys.  TapaTalk + weird internet / cel service connection I guess.
Well I thought I was in love with the Galways il with shearling, but Leffot had the dark oak / pebble grain in my size so I ended up grabbing those. And a pair of Lobbs in brown museum calf. Obligatory wrist shot with Steven this morning.
Well I thought I was in love with the Galways il with shearling, but Leffot had the dark oak / pebble grain in my size so I ended up grabbing those. And a pair of Lobbs in brown museum calf. Obligatory wrist shot with Steven this morning.
wurger - awesome pickup story and congratulations. You really scored with this one!
Well I've tried to stay away from this thread as I already have a Galway but I just saw this pair this afternoon at Leffot. I fear that I will soon own this pair too......
Dino - love the Cartier pics. Looks like you had a fun time! Stitchy - yeah hard to know in advance how other members of the watch family will fade once you add a newbie. Glad you're having fun with the ToG though! Cold again. Time to break out the Schott moto. Alden Indys today. As RogerP notes, substantial shoes. Daytona to complete the supposedly "rugged" look.
 I find this amusing - started wearing fedoras to protect against the sun (looong story, and yes, the stingy brim doesn't exactly do much, does it, ahaha)... was quite a common thing for men to do so back in the 60s to early 80s.  But now I'm a bit of a maverick because I'm one of the few who wears a fedora on a daily basis.  Just like wearing suits to work in a predominantly business casual world.  What's old is new I guess. Shoes are Corthay, the Cocteau model.  Mostly...
Shoes? Watches? Needed a hat too given cold NYC weather.