or Connect

Posts by no frills

Not a dumb question at all. All the M lenses are manually focused using the standard focusing ring. Aperture control right at the tip.Even with the modern digital SL or the M-P typ 240, I actually shoot all manual - manual ISO, shutter speed, aperture and focus by definition since I use M lenses. Well, technically I use auto WB.I don't disdain AF and other modern conveniences. But just like any tool, I choose which ones serve my needs, which inspire me, based on the...
 I rotate pretty consistently every week or two depending on what photography learning objective I'm exploring, but my daily carry is a Leica SL Typ 601 with a Noctilux 50mm f/0.95 ASPH mounted semipermanently on it.
 Sadly I have no experience with Leica's R lenses.  However, I do know plenty of friends who love their R lenses so much and held on to them for years; now that the new Leica SL can accept and almost fully utilize R lenses, they are quite happy. I do have some experience with Canon's L lenses, since I still use my 5DMk3 + 24-70 USM II f/2.8 and 70-200 USM II f/2.8 for specific situations.  I especially like the 70-200, but I find myself using the DSLRs for very specific...
 What a lovely set. I'm a big fan of the X system.  I've since become enamored with Leica, but the first system I still recommend to interested enthusiasts is the Fuji X100T, which I beat up for months.  I gave my cousin one for his birthday and he's been using it at least as much as his trusted Nikon (he is a professional sports photographer).  My trusted old X100T is now with another cousin who is getting back into the photography hobby.
Woh! Thanks bruh!
I love these TWAT discussions. Just saying.
 Why, our other Leica cameras of course.  
 That's Rob's right?
Well, they work!
Well this little bugger had better work properly tomorrow, of all days...