or Connect

Posts by no frills

WTF @mimo man!In the same way that I do not approve of the product in this picture, I do not approve of this predicament of yours.
 Epic. Now for Betamax...
 Congratulations and wear that beauty often @academe ! Had lunch with close friends earlier today and got the chance to try this one on.  I've been jonesing for the all YG Sub with blue cerachrom bezel insert + blue sunburst dial, but this one just catapulted itself close to, or right to the top of the list. 
 Hahahahah - that's about right!
Lovely to catch up on a hundred or so pages of TWAT - have been on vacation this past week.     @Novelty77 - you've been on quite a tear!  It's hard to deny the Hunger when it's screaming at you (been there), but this year I didn't get any new watches (well, except one that might be coming in the next few weeks or so), and it's really given me time to enjoy the ones I got through a few rounds of "frillyvolousness" as @mimo called it.     I'm not in the habit of selling...
 The cow horns 1955?  Beautiful.
 The 5270 is a handsome piece in the metal.  I have my aesthetic qualms with its design, like how the subdials are below the equator (now you can't unsee it, like when you find out Bradley Cooper's right eye is about a full inch higher than his left), but once you see it on your wrist it is quite lovely.  I've seen it evolve over the years, with friends catching the first generation 5270G and all of us heading to Patek USA's HQ and seeing watchmakers put the new CH29-535...
Heavy rain forecast in NYC today. Didn't want to get the DBlue wet, so wore this one.