or Connect

Posts by no frills

Please keep me posted on your progress with all this.  I am very interested in the platinum version.  Any chance for minor customizations, like engraving?
Happy July TWAT! I love all my recent Rolex dive watch acquisitions, and rotate through them regularly. Still, if there had to be JUST ONE...
^^^ Steel28 gotta love the white dial Daytona! Rolex does a bang up job with the protective plastic stickers. You barely notice they're there. I'm waiting for them to fall off from my DSSD hahah. 114060 and 116520 saying hello! DSSD domed crystal produces the most fascinating visual effects.
The plat one is priced very attractively IMHO
I have absolutely no issues with winding this one manually.
 Gets softer as you go up the 24K scale though!  Dammit! Someone needs to come up with virtually scratch proof gold with at least 75% content, mix in the super-hard material in the "other" 25%. I'd sign up for that. Then Rolex can take adapt it for their precious metal watches, come up with some fancy UltraHard(On)Gold(TM) name and use that as part of their pitch! 
This little one in yellow gold today.
 It is not crazy out of the ballpark versus other ceramic all-WG models Rolex churns out - like the WG Submariner ("Smurf"), priced at $38,750.   However, as you noted, the whole principle of pricing an all-precious metal Rolex at those levels does seem "rather high."  In the high $30s you're fighting against, say, a pre-owned Patek Grand Complications perpetual calendar in yellow gold.  There are PLENTY of other options in that price range. Which is why when the dust...
 Visited gdl203 with DLJr a few Thursdays ago. Love the store!  Will be bugging you about those Vass brown suedes soon.
 I fookin love this blast from the past. And this doesn't sound like an Evil Corporation at all.  Although - that would be exactly what an Evil Corporation would want you to think, 'no?  (Wink wink) bkotsko - welcome to the world of "fake watch busting" on Instagram.  I get tagged by morons every few days calling out my "potentially fake watches."  Badge of honor, I tell ya.