or Connect

Posts by no frills

Nope, not me. We do have an Aquanaut - but my wife uses it. It's one of the earliest models of the Aquanaut, the 5066/1A (on a bracelet). Originally made for men at 38mm it is now more appealing to women.The Aquanaut has its loyal adherents - fans say the 5167 on a rubber strap is the most comfortable watch they've ever owned. For me I have a 5711, so I've never felt the need for a 5167A. Which is not to say I don't tolerate redundancy in my watch collection! After all, I...
They're like Pokemon!forex - not counting the wife's I have five.
TWAT! Boom! Dino, nice write-up about your experience with Ferrier. Wore this one today.
It wasn't the clay or paint I was worried about. It was the water that I needed to wash out the stuff afterwards. I mean, I got my watch WET. And the rubber strap too. I'm just so fortunate that the DSSD has a 12,800 ft depth rating. It really came in handy today, especially after my two year old peed all over me ten minutes after I took the picture.Thanks for the info! Hmm. Mil-Subs. Heard those were the cheap stuff.
Lovely SD zippyh! I don't know when Rolex started the fully graduated bezel for SDs versus Subs. Anyone know the history behind that? Children's party. Clay. Paint. Water. Children. DSSD in the thick of it.
rnguy001 - that ONE scene was so bad a**. Wow.
Wait.You are literally TheWraith?I f*ng worship you! Boom!mimo - good stuff there!!!P.S. I will never grow up. And judging by the blockbuster success of recent attempts by Hollywood to bring classic stories to the big screen, I'm not in the minority.
So I just finished watching "X-Men: Days of Future Past."  This may come as a huge shock to many of you, but I dig superhero movies.  Get over it.   In the movie, a mutant with super speed moonlights as a thief (he's a teenager, it's sort of expected that a super speedster would do that). The movie is set in 1973, so I thought he was wearing a Royal Oak - which would be cool since AP launched the RO in 1972, and it was the original "premium stainless steel sports watch"...
That's awesome Dino. So they cleaned it but didn't repolish/refinish? Then again you really know how to take care of your watches. And one that deservedly requires that kind of Dino-Care, being a gift from Mrs Dino!
Off topic, because this poster of Eva Green was banned by the censors. Keith, you're welcome.