or Connect

Posts by no frills

I may or may not already be in line for the new Daytona. Just sayin.
 Ahahaha, bro @rnguy001 - I picked up those words from my years in Ninja training.  
  Nakaya's Decapod Twist in ao-tamenuri, with a medium soft 14k gold nib plated with ruthenium.  Ink is Pilot Iroshizuku's Shin-Ryoku (Forest Green).
Just another day at work with Cartier and Patek.  
 Great landscapes and wildlife photographs!
 Hahah - more like a drop 10 or 11...
Wrist sizes are an interesting thing.  It's equally about how flat/round the wrist shape is. and how your wrist tapers up into your forearm, arm and overall body dimensions, as it is about the absolute measurement, I think.     I have a scrawny 6.25" wrist, but given how it's shaped I feel like my 42mm Snoopy Speedmaster "hangs larger" on me than my 44mm 17.5" thick DSSD.  I'm equally comfortable wearing 36mm case size pieces as well as "sportier" 44mm "monster" dive...
I'm into gold. But I've yet to convince myself to take the plunge with the 116618LB sunburst blue dial. Which makes me wonder if I'm really into it, because I'm not very good at holding back...
In the beginning I thought the same; that my M lenses appeared to perform better on my M bodies versus the SL.However, after a few hundred shots on the SL + M lens combination I found that I really couldn't tell the difference, especially after going through my usual workflow in Lightroom. I didn't have to process my images any more or less on M bodies versus the SL. And unless I truly subjected it to Sean Reid-level testing, pixel peeping at the center and edges over...
 I am not sure it's that "unique" - by which I interpret as "impossible to replicate using other systems."  Really, using the best glass from the Canons, Nikons, Fujis. Sonys etc of this world, with knowledge of lighting techniques and/or access to external lighting implements (or controlled studio environments), I think it's quite possible to replicate that dimensionality, depth, sharpness and separation of subject from the foreground/background that tends to characterize...