or Connect

Posts by no frills

Anyway, back to something fundamentally related to watches. Aside from a blue dial 1601 from 1967, I have yet to pull the trigger on a great many vintage pieces.  A young friend was looking at this bubble back from the 1930s. He seems perfectly happy with its 30mm case size, but the aesthetics do not appeal to me at all.  Anyone into these models and can share some insights about details to appreciate?  
 Superb! You posting any of those in the G&G thread? This Year of Temperance has forced me to come up with a great many "exceptions."  Replacements for stuff I've retired or sold don't count, etc... Hah! 
  I have been sticking to my "Year of Temperance" (not buying watches - well, except maybe the Snoopy...) and where I've bought shoes it was to replace stuff I retired, which turned out to be mostly sneakers. I've been keeping @Epaulet busy, but I haven't looked at EG, GG, Corthay, etc in months.  A massive disappointment, I tell you, thinking that the Malverns were Harrogates! I want to say it's because I was staring at @dddrees's pic on a small iPhone screen, but that's...
 ^^^ This. +1 Also, kudos to @Epaulet for the extreme responsiveness and follow-ups. Needless to say, I'm keeping you busy with orders not only from my end but also from friends.  
  DAMMIT! I am out of (shoe) practice!  Good stuff!
Harrogates in green calf and suede??? Looks great with the LV!
 That's an interesting reaction.  For most pieces I thought were originally unappealing from 2D pics, trying it on my wrist changed my mind towards either liking them, or at least thinking "hey, this doesn't look bad at all."  Your reaction to the PO is the reverse!  Did the dial just look too flat, etc (or is there some specific reason you could pinpoint)?
Philip IIs for the win! They are breaking in magnificently well by the way, thanks for checking in. I saw your question in one of the threads but forgot to reply till now.IMHO Lobb has the best leather even compared to Corthay, EG, GG, StC. The Philip II took a while to break in, though, and because Leffot recommended that I size down by a half for that pair it hurt to wear the first few times. The wholecut Chapels, on the other hand, also boasted the same fantastic...
 Yup, thanks for sharing.  Plus it's hard to tell just how stunning a watch can be from pics alone. Any other pieces that caught your eye while you were browsing?
 Proud of you, brother!