or Connect

Posts by no frills

The Dunhill/Namiki collabs before World War II forced them to sever the relationship have some wonderful examples.  Sadly, I fear I like to actually write with these things a bit much, so I'm always fearful that some of the older nibs won't stand up to the daily grind.  Some of the modern examples I have always go through John Mottishaw at Classic Fountain Pens for a little "nib optimization" just to make sure it writes super smoothly.
T'was an ill timed plan for sure, severely tested and ridden with "exceptions"...
+1 - they do a great job marketing their wares. Reggie Brack has been great for them on the watch side (great guy).But they need to up their game too because Phillips wants to grab a chunk of their business in a serious way.
Tell me more about why this one caught your eye. Do you think there's a risk that with the 114060 in your arsenal that one or the other might not get much wear? Or will this one provide you with just that right mix of blue/black flash of color that will help it retain its appeal and distinguish it from the SubC ND you and I (and mimo and a bunch of others) adore?
Gal-fooking-way. Old photo. Off topic. Don't care.
 @dddrees - spot on. Actually, I figured I did the Aquanaut some injustice. After all, our 5066/1A is the one Patek that my wife regularly likes wearing (I'm thankful for that too since she is HARD on her watches!)... so I can't very well be ragging on the watch that my wife prefers, right?   Best wishes on the upcoming milestone and the piece that will help you celebrate it best!  And yes @dddreespics are fantastic, aren't they?   As far as "pictures of watches that have...
I was hoping you'd chime in with that comment dddrees! Heh heh!
Remind us again which AP is the contender versus the 5167? The Aquanaut sports the least impressive finishing among the PPs; the 5167 and its "tropical dial" is much better but I have the earlier 5066/1A and I find that it really leaves much to be desired, given my expectations from a PP.Still, friends who own a 5167 (and the recently introduced 5164A) love its lightness and feel. So YMMV. I much prefer the Nautilus line; but versus the 15202, 15300 or the 15400 I would...