or Connect

Posts by no frills

Love the write-up BostonHedonist. Enjoy that Rolex... And your Speedy!
It warms my TWAT-old man heart to see some call-outs here. I didn't have to bark "get off my lawn!" this time. Heh. Also, mimo - SubC + Shake Shack, a good combo.
Well, that glidelock clasp needs to be adjusted a bit.
The blue Arcas are "bleu fonce."My Casanovas are in bergeronette (a brown close to caramel), but the sculpted surfaces of the shoe allow for creative application of burnishing/shades of patination. These were my first Corthays, and they look just as good today as when I got them close to three years ago.
I MAY have gotten a couple of new Arcas in the last few months...
Fantastic!!! Enjoy wearing those beauties!!!
Boom.
 I don't think that's necessarily true.  I'm not convinced that there is a "haute horlogerie" equivalent for pens.  I have a Visconti and I find the case attractive and the writing experience okay but I'm not sure I'd put it above Dupont or Montegrappa; heck, Cartier makes great pens.
 +1.  Also - WRITE with them.  On a variety of paper, if possible.  @aleksandr - if you can make it to a Pen Show (like the one they had a couple of weeks ago in Los Angeles), then you can try out a variety of pens and choose between modern and vintage. Here's a list: http://fpgeeks.com/pen_shows/ My two cents worth - in the beginning you'll need to relearn some new habits, and you may in fact lose or drop an expensive pen.  Buy with a credit card with some form of...
 @Keith T!!! Congratulations and wear that beauty in good health!!!!!