or Connect

Posts by no frills

@Dachshund - my two cents worth: RubberB all the way.  Even better if you can get it with a bit of a discount. Also, as far as ideas for appropriate shoe shine set-ups are concerned, there are some fascinating ones out there: http://nypost.com/2013/04/12/sexy-shoeshine-babes-are-hot-buff-for-wall-street-executives/
   Thanks, gents. Corthay also does a marvelous job with patination - should come as no surprise that Corthay spent time as a master shoemaker for both John Lobb and Berluti before starting his own shop. And yes, I quite like the shoe shine options we have! You also want a place that knows how to care for good shoes.  I like the place I frequent, partly because it's close to my office - but one morning I was having my Indys shined and the elderly gentleman beside me said...
They ain't bad for a three year old pair of shoes, 'no?
Today, the boring steel version of the rose gold thing I posted yesterday.Didn't need to wear a cravat today. Good thing too because it's getting warm in NYC!
 Hahah! From the angle of the pic it looked like it could have been a shawl covering your entire arm/shoulder!  23 years young, our Princess.  Looks great!
 Now the deets on those cufflinks!  What is that covering your jacket sleeve @Cleav?Also, no greeting for Princess Kate's birthday today?
 Hahahahahaha! 
  Unfortunately that gold dress with brown stripes retails for about twice the number of the white (steel) dress with blue stripes.  Which helps me with the "pass" decision! 
 How long did it take and what did you end up having serviced?  Hope you receive it soon, in magnificent condition!
I do have a 5711 in steel. This one was released in Basel earlier this year - all rose gold, chocolate dial. I've been jonesing for an all gold piece on a bracelet recently, but this isn't going to be the one - although it's a really handsome piece.