or Connect

Posts by no frills

I LOL'd too. Again, just now.Technical mistake: the DSSD is NOT 28.5mm thick. That's the DeepSea Challenge, which is the watch that James Cameron took with him on his submersible. Sorry about that.The DeepSea SeaDweller is, in fact, "only" 17.5mm, which still makes it about 40% thicker than a Sub.But it looks positively anorexic beside the DeepSea Challenge, 'no?
You mean this???Love the Hulk.
 The DSSD is horribly out of proportion.  Combining the Ring Lock System for a depth rating of 12,000 feet with the cal 3135 means its dial is just as large as my SubC ND - which makes no sense since the DSSD is a full 10% larger at 44mm versus the ND's 40mm.  It's 28.5mm thick, which makes it more than twice as thick as the ND's 12.5mm.  The bracelet looks so thin compares to its large head that it looks like a sperm.  It overwhelms my sense of aesthetics and flowing...
This delayed delivery of the SD4000 to NYC ADs is killing me! I might go insane and buy myself a DSSD instead!!!
TimeCrafters is starting here in NYC with a bunch of watchmaker exhibitors (Lange, AP, JLC etc). Here is my first exchange two minutes ago with a friend attending their opening gala event this evening.
But wait, Belli... Tell us how you really feel about Arial! 😉
In that case, here you go, mimo.No more of that "left or right" stuff. I didn't force myself to choose between these two, so I shouldn't impose the same on you. 😜
I asked three of my dealers for their best price on the Smurf. Predictably Wempe offered the least - but they are an AD. My two other greys quoted 25 off right off the bat.The fancy herringbone patterned shirt I was wearing went quite well with my schlubby Patek 5711.
Well, I was at Wempe today getting my Nautilus resized. One link out. Guess my left wrist lost weight or something. Since I am in my "OMG I LOVE SUBS!" phase I tried on the ref 116619LB - all white gold blue cerachrom bezel, blue dial Submariner: (You can really see how much I use my Nautilus in this pic hahaha) There are a few things that make me think twice about a WG Sub. First, the PCLs will make it a bit of a scratch magnet (which is okay with me, but I would...
I'm just teasing! IMHO you're in the top 1% of posters who actually elaborate quite well on aspects they prefer and don't care much about. 💪