or Connect

Posts by no frills

Awesome.
Thanks for sharing those pics from your collections, @alpyigit and @zippyh! Always nice to view.   @mimo - I didn't like that 5960/1A when it was introduced but as usual once I saw it in person there really was that high quality feel.  I still probably wouldn't spend the cash required to buy that thing, even pre-owned, but I have several friends who have come around and now want a 5960/1A after some time spent not liking it much. Funny how time and having those things on...
 Obtaining the Extract from the Archives can certainly be coursed through HSWA.  But you can also order it directly from the patek.com website: https://www.patek.com/en/client-service/extract-from-the-archives But if you're going to go to HSWA anyway, might as well have them do it for you!
Really sorry to hear about this!
Mighty fine watch right there.
Love it!On the other hand, here are those Mocha GATs in the sunlight...
  I was pestering @Epaulet about my size and availability for both the Mocha GAT, the Saddle (in whichever version) and other options and he offered my size in Saddle/Ecru.  In retrospect I certainly don't see it on the website, but then the Mocha GAT was still on order when we were having our offline conversation and wasn't listed online till last weekend.  It may be a make-up that he's been experimenting with, and will offer at some point - or maybe something only...
Today, accompanying my girl on a field trip. The brown on the Saddle is really quite rich. Love it. The Ecru soles offer a great contrast too. The shorts might not be the best idea this morning given the chill but "it's supposed to warm up." Brrrr.
Well, it's a bit late on Tuesday evening but blame the UPS guy for this late post. I'll take better pics in natural light during the day, assuming the sun comes out tomorrow in NYC. I did say I would post something about whether Mocha and Saddle, and here it is. For the first entry, the recently arrived Sport Trainer in Mocha. Boom. Quite love the dark brown color of the leather, and of course the suede mudguards in lighter brown. And here's the second entry - a Tennis...
 What did you think of the Grandmaster Chime?  When I saw it up close a few months ago, it was inside a glass case - still, I had no desire to put it on my wrist.  I can understand all the work that went into the complications, and even the level of craftsmanship required for the ornate engraving on and around the case and even the deployant clasp.  I can even understand the case size (47.4mm) and thickness (16.1mm, thinner than a DSSD). But when it all came together and I...