or Connect

Posts by no frills

38.5mm.  Just as big as a Daytona now. :)
Well, this probably won't help Steel28's cause with the whole new watch thing and all, but... How do they say it on other forums? "Incoming..." Wrist pics tomorrow morning EST.
Glasses - bespoke from Tom Davies UK. Yes, Frilly wears glasses with blue/purple titanium fronting and cotton acetate arms. And yes, those Arca derbys from Corthay are aubergine (eggplant): Ah, scratches. Damn polished surfaces. Wearing my white dial Daytona today, and Mrs No Frills wears this one often. I weep for 'dem polished surfaces!
^^^ THIS! Dino944 and Keith T 👍👍👙👍👍
Hahaha I've seen this stuff in person! The titanium pieces are unique, and I can only wonder what conversations needed to happen with the Stern family before these unique pieces were made. And now they are being sold...But I kind of like my precious metals better.(Cheaper than $1-$1.5 million too)
Travel with one watch. Usually the Nautilus. Steel, can go anywhere, slip under my cuff, okay with suits and formal wear (though not ideal), can certainly take it (and have taken it several times) to the beach.     More recently I've gotten into the habit of traveling with two watches: usually my perp cal 3940P for when I have to be in suits, etc.  Then I switch it out to my Sub or DSSD once the day is done and if I go out with friends.  Love the little diver buggers....
The Montblanc Meisterstuck Heritage Pulsograph, introduced via SIHH 2014:     The ref 5170 in yellow gold from Patek, introduced in 2010 (but itself the modern descendant of a long line of chronographs):     I know what I'd choose...
Nope, not me. We do have an Aquanaut - but my wife uses it. It's one of the earliest models of the Aquanaut, the 5066/1A (on a bracelet). Originally made for men at 38mm it is now more appealing to women.The Aquanaut has its loyal adherents - fans say the 5167 on a rubber strap is the most comfortable watch they've ever owned. For me I have a 5711, so I've never felt the need for a 5167A. Which is not to say I don't tolerate redundancy in my watch collection! After all, I...
They're like Pokemon!forex - not counting the wife's I have five.
TWAT! Boom! Dino, nice write-up about your experience with Ferrier. Wore this one today.