or Connect

Posts by no frills

I knew you would say that hahahahaha.
 Some would prefer "less hands" as it gives the watch a "more Zen" feel (words used by friends who love their 15202, not me) - but I personally prefer a sweeping seconds hand so I personally prefer the 5711 (if we were comparing Genta descendants currently in production, I mean).
  Hahahahaha! 
 The DeepSea Challenge is a 55mm monster - compare that to the 44mm DSSD DBlue and the DBlue is anorexic.   The DBlue was released in August 4 amidst a firestorm of hate and recrimination.  Then, the haters came around.  Now, it's selling for above retail and there are long waiting lines in ADs.  The manager at the Rolex boutique in London says she's never seen demand like that, even for steel Daytonas back in the day. I was one of the early online "defenders" of the...
 I am sorry to hear about your injuries. I hope things go more smoothly for you moving forward! I think the discussion around approach and outlook to training and physical improvement does boil down to a basic question: in terms of the time, commitment, intensity and duration required to push yourself to "the next level" (however you define it), it must all still center around whether you train to live, or live to train.  The answer is up to you - I know what...
   Thanks, gents. Boom!Still playing around with my new toy - the "king of the portable point and shoots," the Sony RX100 III (okay, the mark IV came out this month but whatever).  Single lamp behind me, yellow light, in our dark living room last night - not bad for a low light fully auto mode shot, check out that bokeh).  OoOoO fancy:  
 +1 - best wishes on keeping in good shape to enjoy your endeavors. I've ripped my right pec, injured my left shoulder, fractured my ankle, endured a category 2 tear on my right calf, and worst of it all - hurt my lower back in the late 1990s, periodically reinjuring it once or twice a year since then - over the last quarter of a century of varying my workouts, tempo, going for PRs, just pushing myself well beyond what I ought to have been doing.  And for what?  At one...
 I hated the Nautilus - the whole idea of a "luxury sports watch in steel" was once abhorrent to me; and what was up with those ears? When I put the 5711 on my wrist, it was over.  My AD shipped it to me within the next hour (to avoid in-state taxes, but man, what torture to wait the next day).  Rented a ZipCar by the hour to pick it up from across the river once I confirmed shipment arrival.  Put it on my wrist and have been taking it everywhere with me for years now. If...
 Late to replying to this! If you're up for a $200 spend, why not get a Pro Gear from Sailor?   http://www.nibs.com/sailor-pro-gear-slim-sky.htm My cousin has several Nakayas (that she helped design with Mr Nakata himself) - and she says they are among the most beautiful pens she's owned.  But for her reliable daily pen, she swears by her Pro Gear II.  Says that sometimes she feels that the Sailor nib writes even more smoothly than the Nakayas (HERESY!).   Plus John...
  Did you not feel much more enamored of the 5960/1A when you put it on your wrist, versus seeing it in pictures?  If not, then it really might not be something for you.   At that price point, and given the annual calendar complication, I've always felt like I could get a far better value with discontinued perpetual calendars in the secondary/preowned market - but that's just me.  And a perpetual calendar in steel, on a bracelet, is going to be hard to find. Anyway, at...