or Connect

Posts by no frills

His and hers today:
 Thank you @ebayhtl !  Haha, good point @mimo  - I try to be unpredictable sometimes...
Thanks! It's the Pontos S diver released a couple of years ago, but our watch group Red Bar Crew collaborated with ML to make ten of these in PVD (design and color choices by good old Adam Craniotes). I believe all ten are spoken for, though. It sold for just under $4k.
Congrats to all the recent pickups! I haven't been completely absent from the watch scene. A few recent pickups on my end: The Maurice Lacroix X Red Bar Crew edition Pontos in PVD. Quite like what it represents given my watch crew in NYC, though it's not usually my cup of tea! It's on the large side at 43mm and relatively long lugs, given my 6.25" wrist, but I love wearing this one. Picked up the little one on the right side for my missus (these three are part of...
 Ahahaha I do remember messaging you about that observation!
 I can't. That's why I rotate through them pretty regularly. I stick with one for a week, and my frivolity (frilly-volity @tifosi @Dino944 ?) is that I have Pilot Iroshizuku inks that I like for each specific pen. For example, I almost always put the yama-budo ("crimson glory" - a lush red) in the Dorsal Fin v2 in Kuro-Tamenuri (black/red), and the asa-gao ("morning glory" - a light blue) in the Ascending Dragon in aka-tamenuri (red/black).
The current rotation. All Nakaya.  
 Medium format! That is epic. The SL looks much like the S, don't you think? Down to the placement of buttons and EVF and the like. I'm super happy with the SL system and I've traded in my old Canon 5DMk3 + 24-70 + 70-200 set.  The SL and its native lenses are more than sufficient for my basic "DSLR needs" (fast moving action where I'm stuck 15-20 feet away and I need a tele lens, etc). But my daily carry is a digital rangefinder (M-P typ 240) and usually the Noct.  Tricky...
I have a backpack inside my closet to store lenses unattached to bodies, filters, etc.But a bunch of the bodies + lenses I use most often tend to be within easy reach. But not too easy that my kids drag them out and bang them around.
 And the photo on top? The new Leica SL Typ 601 + 24-90mm f/2.8-4.0 ? Thanks for the shout out @Epaulet - I mentioned that this friend of mine might drop by the LES shop yesterday. Did he make it? Can't wait for my new sport trainers to arrive!  Specs are Leica M-P typ 240 Safari Edition on my friend as he took my silver chrome Noctilux 50mm f/0.95 ASPH out for a spin.  I took the photo with my SL Typ 601 + 24-90 f/2.8-4.0. So meta!