or Connect

Posts by no frills

Ahahaha I do remember messaging you about that observation!
 I can't. That's why I rotate through them pretty regularly. I stick with one for a week, and my frivolity (frilly-volity @tifosi @Dino944 ?) is that I have Pilot Iroshizuku inks that I like for each specific pen. For example, I almost always put the yama-budo ("crimson glory" - a lush red) in the Dorsal Fin v2 in Kuro-Tamenuri (black/red), and the asa-gao ("morning glory" - a light blue) in the Ascending Dragon in aka-tamenuri (red/black).
The current rotation. All Nakaya.  
 Medium format! That is epic. The SL looks much like the S, don't you think? Down to the placement of buttons and EVF and the like. I'm super happy with the SL system and I've traded in my old Canon 5DMk3 + 24-70 + 70-200 set.  The SL and its native lenses are more than sufficient for my basic "DSLR needs" (fast moving action where I'm stuck 15-20 feet away and I need a tele lens, etc). But my daily carry is a digital rangefinder (M-P typ 240) and usually the Noct.  Tricky...
I have a backpack inside my closet to store lenses unattached to bodies, filters, etc.But a bunch of the bodies + lenses I use most often tend to be within easy reach. But not too easy that my kids drag them out and bang them around.
 And the photo on top? The new Leica SL Typ 601 + 24-90mm f/2.8-4.0 ? Thanks for the shout out @Epaulet - I mentioned that this friend of mine might drop by the LES shop yesterday. Did he make it? Can't wait for my new sport trainers to arrive!  Specs are Leica M-P typ 240 Safari Edition on my friend as he took my silver chrome Noctilux 50mm f/0.95 ASPH out for a spin.  I took the photo with my SL Typ 601 + 24-90 f/2.8-4.0. So meta!
 I actually take a caliper and measure the case dimensions and thickness myself, as even published statistics are imprecise.  The currently produced Rolex Daytona ref 116520, for example, is listed as 40mm in terms of case size, but taking a caliper and measuring it from the standard 10-4 (not including the pushers) yields 38.5mm (@Belligero mentioned this long ago, but I had to confirm it for myself).  Hence, it WILL wear smaller than a SubC / SD (which really do clock in...
 Duuuuuuude @Belligero - congratulations!!!!!!!
Congratulations @jbarwick  and @BenLeaman !  Oh, and you too @DLJr... :)  
 So do I!