or Connect

Posts by no frills

Congrats @Novelty77 - and as @rnguy001 has pointed out, there is no way this is your end-watch. :) 
As requested:
The missus celebrated her birthday last week, and after weeks of searching for a piece that would work for her, I presented her with this:     It is the first AP in our family - ref 15451 at 37mm with a diamond bezel - and the missus was quite overjoyed!
Speaking of "etc's" - had lunch with Jean Claude Biver and the Tag Heuer folks the other day, in light of the recent launch of the Tag Heuer | Google collab.   Not exactly running to the boutique to buy that "smart watch," but had a ton of fun just listening to JCB riff on watches, his history in the industry, auction prices these days, and the like. What an interesting, energetic dude!     That is my friend's 1972 A series ref 5402 he is fondling. He also quite...
Boom. Congrats! I quite enjoyed Spectre too, like @Keith T
 @rnguy001 my man - let's see it! 
A quick iPhone pic from tonight's Audemars Piguet dinner to celebrate the launch of their 2015 Royal Oak perpetual calendar: I took this pic of some of the participants, practicing with a razor thin depth of field (my friend on the right is one of the organizers/promoters of the event, along with the 'Dink). Alas, as incredible as this lens can be for taking portraits with a specific "look," it's pretty much useless taking detailed close-up pics of watch dials. Hence,...
Reading the Phillips catalogue on paper is a far more satisfying experience than browsing through the lots online.
 I am unsure.  It is incredible in person.  Only seven pairs will be made - and at this point all have been spoken for.  Not bad for a boot that costs USD2,500 retail. 
Spotted shining shoes at Leffot - a 16610:     Of course it was also the Edward Green Trunk Show, with a few lovely shoes (and not a few kick a** boots) on display:        This particular version of the Galway is Edward Green's first salvo at making the boot in cordovan:     Back to regular programming - have a rocking weekend, everyone!