or Connect

Posts by no frills

Today, German Army Trainers from Epaulet, camo socks, off white pants and the 5711:
Green trainers today. And yes, camo socks from Epaulet too!
Loved this pic when I first saw it a long time ago: love it now @klokkenerden ūüėĄ
@ShawnBC @NonServiam @Dino944 @Dillardiv - yup, great points overall.   On my end, I've primarily lived in urban areas so I've never had the need to own a car.  Which probably explains why I've "developed appreciation" for watches and other things...  
Boom. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 It's certainly a stretch. I've been fortunate to be able to own (and hold) some of these (and the 3970s were "born" and "announced" right here on TWAT several years ago) - but I think the more important part of the experience is just appreciating the aesthetics, mechanics, history, value and everything else that's wrapped up in owning a timepiece, price aside. That's why we gush over a variety of pieces here in good old TWAT!  @mimo will disagree with me on this, but I...
 That's pretty amazing. Seriously. That 16610LV looks brand new.
 I wasn't very particular about the series - I actually quite liked the EP / third series because it automatically came with both a display back and a solid back; others are enamored with first or second series (different hands, etc) but depending on condition those might cost substantially more.
 PROPS to @EP Dylan - note above.  Good to see you yesterday.
The Patek reference 3970 in yellow gold would be grossly overpriced if it cleared for USD140K. At those price levels you should be looking at a 3970 in platinum, like this one:#Boom