or Connect

Posts by Big Texas

But would others describe your body as athletic?
Would you consider the majority of Americans to be anything remotely approaching well dressed? Probably not, right? So what does it matter what the majority thinks, especially given its questionable sense of style?(Btw, appealing to the majority is a logical fallacy that someone of your username shouldn't be making).
Raw denim in moderate to heavy weights is never going to soften up to feel like lightweight, non-raw denim. It's a thicker cloth, and it's inherently stiffer.I have several pairs of 3sixteens in my rotation. The first pair is about a year and a half old. I used to wear it about once every other week (non-casual workplace), but since switching to a jeans-friendly workplace, I've started wearing them about twice or three times a week. Only now have they begun to soften up a...
He's being a little bit facetious there. His main point is that you need shirts that fit properly before getting bespoke suits or jackets made (due to the fact that they are calibrated to show some cuff, and that OTR/MTM cuff lengths tend to vary widely, even within one person's wardrobe).   Someone who can't afford bespoke shirts should not be buying bespoke jackets, hence, his sarcastic lines about "securing funding from the IMF" and "copying in Bangladesh."
  You have a good eye for pattern combination, but this is a borderline crossing of the boundaries of good taste. It almost seems too affected, though objectively, it does look nice. I can't say I'm a huge fan of the tie, in particular.
Sometimes, but very rarely, and usually only when there's a seasonal changeover in fabric weights.By design, sales in the apparel business are usually about some combination of three basic objectives:1) Clearance (of overstocked or low-velocity items, or seasonal holdover inventory that needs to move out).2) Promotion (of new items, or of the brand to new customer bases).3) Activation (of existing customers, i.e., an attempt to get them to spend more, or to bring dormant...
I'm surprised nobody's picked up on what is easily the OP's biggest career liability: his crappy, outdated flip phone. You may not think this is a big deal, but if you're interning at a tech company, people expect you to be plugged into the latest technology. Especially mobile technology. I'm sure I will be accused of overanalyzing this, but trust me: people at tech companies can and will eyeball the difference between iPhone model numbers, let alone the difference between...
Yeah, your $1.5 to $2k won't go very far in Vegas. There is a pretty big Vegas price premium on most goods, menswear obviously included. If you've got the time and energy to make a (roughly four hours, give or take) drive into LA, it might be more worth your while. If not, you might be able to fit within your range at Corneliani, Canali, or even RLBL (though the latter could be pricey in Vegas, and is more likely to be RLBL's flashier, less conservative stuff).
I'm definitely talking about Bick4, and in fact, I'm looking at the bottle as I type this, just to make sure. Perhaps my use of the phrase "heavy-duty" was a bit of a miscommunication on my part. I didn't mean to imply that the conditioner itself is heavy or rough (it actually feels lighter than hand soap), but rather, that I had imagined it was only to be used on boots. It's often sold with motorcycle boots and cowboy boots, and accordingly, I had thought of it as being...
  I'm with you on the Bick4. Same stuff. I was first given a bottle when I bought a pair of Lucchese ropers, and I've been accustomed to thinking of it as a cowboy boot conditioner and sealant. Maybe that introduction just set me in the wrong frame of mind for thinking about it as a dress shoe conditioner, and I'd certainly trust your expertise over my dead reckoning.         You should check it out if you ever get a chance. I think it's available on Amazon these days....