or Connect

Posts by Big Texas

Shiiiiiit.$229 for a pair of Hallams would have been nice.
Best practice is to list the measurements in the listing, in unmistakable and clear print, and to encourage any and all would-be bidders to check the measurements before placing a bid or making a purchase. This eliminates some (but not all) room for ambiguity when it comes to sizing. It won't completely eliminate your risk of getting a size-based return. But it will build a stronger case for you.I would probably revise the listing -- not to swap out "B" for "Medium," but...
Gotcha. If he listed himself as an authorized dealer and explicitly offered a two-year warranty that he was in no position to provide, then he is misrepresenting himself and acting in bad faith. Technically this is low-grade fraud. I would absolutely consider it fair to leave him negative feedback, and I would also consider it fair game to report his account (and this listing) to eBay, explaining that you contacted the manufacturer, and that the manufacturer said he was...
Ordinarily I'd say not to go straight to feedback on something like this, and to try to work it out with the seller, or through the returns process. But in this case, it sounds like the seller is deliberately misrepresenting himself, and selling items under false pretenses. Question is, when in the process of buying the item did the "full warranty" assurance come up? Was it part of his listing? What was the specific language he used?For future reference: I'd be inclined to...
Makes sense. For what it's worth, my Alden shell seems a lot tougher than my Rancourt or C&J shell, despite the fact that Rancourt and Alden both use Horween shells.
Probably depends on the tannery from which the shell was sourced, and the tanning methods they used. Like you, I'm a former shell lover who steadily became disenchanted over the years, when it became apparent that my "tough" and "indestructible" shell shoes showed every stain, scuff, scratch, and dent imaginable, and often from very little ostensible stress inflicted upon them.That said, some of my shell shoes seem touger than others. I've never had a pair develop...
This is neither here nor there, but if those spots came from produce at the supermarket, they were probably more than just water. Produce is often coated in an interesting spray or bath of preservative chemicals. These chemicals run the gamut from sodium lauryl sulfate, to waxes, to pesticides. This stuff is great for keeping apples shiny and well preserved, but I'd assume it's not so great on your shoes. I'm with you on shell, though. In my experience, it's a much...
In retrospect, I definitely should have. I don't have a printer at home, and to be honest, this stuff didn't really cross my mind at work. (It's been a pretty insane couple of weeks at the office.)Too late at this point, obviously. I guess I'll just wait and see, and hope the seller is an honorable human being. If this ends up being a series of lessons I paid $300 to learn, so be it. I'm not thrilled about it, but I'll accept due responsibility for it.
Cool, thanks. I also figured the ridiculous weather we've been having these last few weeks has played a role.
Thought I'd seek the collective wisdom of this thread for a buy-side question. Here's the situation. I purchased a pair of putatively BNIB shoes, and upon their arrival, I noticed they had significant defects. The seller offers returns, so I talked to him about it, and he agreed to accept them back. We opened a return process on eBay (their new process is kind of wonky, but that's neither here nor there). My girlfriend offered to mail the package for me, because I was...