or Connect

Posts by Scalable

If I'm not mistaken, that's Bonobo's recently-launched Girlfriend Jeans.   The name is apt.
  Can't see the back, and the collar gap on the sides in the first pic worry me. Make sure there's no collar gap at the back.   This looks nice except for the rather prominent >o< at the top button. The chest is also bowing a bit, but I'm getting the feeling that it's a common problem. May I ask what your true chest measurement is?   I think you'd be pulling this off already if it weren't for the poor choice of collar. Any decently large spread, I think, would suffice. If...
  The jacket looks to be too small in general for you. I doubt this is a problem you'll solve by choosing another fit. The sleeves are also too long, though that's a problem more easily rectified.   Try taking the next size up, and try the short size while you're at it if you aren't doing so already (or pick the normal if this is the long).
  They're fairly high on my shirts - high enough that I struggle to put my fingers in to straighten a t-shirt in my shirt-sleeve if I choose to wear one underneath. I have no trouble doing simple movements and hand waves at that armhole height and tucking. It's just that when I bend down, everything goes to hell - my trousers seem to catch on my thighs, too, as well as my shirt back flying out.
How do you guys manage to tie your shoelaces without having your neatly-tucked shirt get all pulled out of shape in the back?   I do the military tuck with my shirts and always wear a belt, but whenever I bend down, I can feel my shirttails rising from beneath my trousers, eager to escape. When I get up, the shirt back has usually ballooned significantly.
Hello, everyone.   I'm a student of limited means trying to refresh my wardrobe to something dressier. I've gathered enough money to make a reasonably significant purchase - and I've put the retirement of my ratty brown trainers at the top of my list (not least because they're too large and hurt my soles). I've scouted out the mall near me and the dep. stores in town to no avail. Classic makers such as Loake, Barker, C&J etc. aren't readily available here - I haven't...
Forgive me if this seems rude - but are you quite serious?   To ask whether one should try a different shirt fit without specifying common-sense details such as one's body type - especially since you mentioned that - or model/maker, or, for that matter, any context, is vague in the extreme. Collar and sleeve measurements and usual jacket size do very little to show whether one is overweight or skinny.   In addition, "slim fit" varies considerably between makers,...
The blatantness of the branding notwithstanding, I suspect the OP could do well by matching it with earth tones in a casual setting. Ecru or even light blue shirts would be fine, and perhaps a cardigan in a medium brown and suitable trousers to go with them.   Or does that not work? Thoughts?
Pilling is caused by the short and badly-integrated fibres of your garment becoming extracted and balling up on the outside of the fabric surface. Though usual wear will inevitably result in at least some pilling (as far as I've observed on my sweaters), it is exacerbated by sub-par fabric, friction, contact with abrasive surfaces and mistreatment when being cleaned.   You can pick a few off, but if they're noticeably numerous, it's often best to have a defuzzer at...
If you don't mind ordering from the UK, Charles Tyrwhitt's shirt measurements are roughly comparable to Express' slimmest cut IIRC, and is slimmer than Brooks Brothers ESF and most tailors on Jermyn Street with a web presence. Their shirts have good fabric and nice collars, but may still be baggy for those with narrow waists.   Hugo Boss and Hackett have cuts that are slimmer still, but watch out for the chest sizes - if you have a large chest relative to your waist,...