or Connect

Posts by Jumbie

Quote: Originally Posted by Connemara I have terrible hickies on my neck. What was his name?
Quote: Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim What was the point of buying an iPhone that didn't have 3g capability to begin with? Millions of people did that. I dunno. You are asking stupid questions now. I just pointed out that you could indeed do what you said you couldn't. If you have ever read my previous posts when discussing phones and carriers you will see that I am well aware that they will work just not with 3G or whatever faster data...
Quote: Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim Well, technically, you can. But the 3G won't work. I'm aware. But what's the point of having a crippled phone limited to Edge/whatever?
Quote: Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim I'm pretty sure you don't have to tell them what phone you are using. I think his point is that carriers claim that contracts are to subsidize the cost of the phones which they give to you for less money. Since you're buying the N1 at full price, AT&T should offer you a cheaper rate. The N1 on T-Mobile is available for a subsidized, cheaper price on contract. I don't really see the point of a having...
Quote: Originally Posted by Thomas Isn't Mossberg old enough to remember how it was to use a chisel and stone tablet? I'd think he'd go stark raving mad with excitement over the erasable pencil. lmfao
^ Oh yeah, I was thinking more about the iPhone and not the iPad. I agree that ads may be more tolerable on the larger screen but I would still object if my paid app has ads. Free would be a different story.
Quote: Originally Posted by Artisan Fan Not if you do it right. It can be shown to increase customer engagement to have precision targeted ads. People are already used to banner ads and column ads on the web page. Used to does not equate with liking. Most people tolerate them because they don't know any better. Anyone who knows about AdBlock for Firefox installs it or even something like a hosts file or a program like AdMuncher. And...
Quote: Originally Posted by Artisan Fan Told ya so... http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/09/te....html?src=tptw Sounds like an excellent way to drive people away. Screen's too small to have a bunch of space taken up by ads IMO. I guess the devs can release a paid and free ad-supported version of an app but if I pay for something and then get bombarded by ads I'm going to be giving it one hell of a shit rating and I'm willing to bet others...
Quote: Originally Posted by MetroStyles Can you explain how texting would work? So let's say I have a 212 number. Let's say my friend has a 646 number. 1) Can I get a google voice number with a local are code (e.g. NY)? Should be able to. Can always check when you signup. Quote: 2) Now, which number does the friend have to text in order to reach me (for free on my end)? The GV number, or my carrier number (which is forwarded to...
Only the first time. Add that number as an alternate/second number to their contact info and you will know who in the future. I tend to use a mix of Google Voice and regular texting to supplement each other though I primarily use GV to send texts.