or Connect

Posts by Scabal Fanatic

Hi again,   After reading your comments to my question, I went and research (in part) on the companies you mentioned.   I has been about 4 years that I am looking at a good watch. I tried a lot of them (Omega, Rolex, JLC, Audemar, Patek) and of course, price is a big factor.   I already own a very simple Tag Heuer Link Calibre S (was my first "good" watch), depending you compare it to what of course, you can argue that it was not the best choice but I could...
Hi apropos,   I was reading the whole post on the forum and I saw that you have extensive knowledge of watches so I would like to ask you a question.   In your opinion, which watch should I buy if I have around $10,000 to spend? I understand that your "view" of a watch is like mine, rare thing in 2013...    I am looking for a classical watch (under 40 mm), a good movement (maybe mechanical, maybe not), no need for gold or diamonds (only increase the price for...
jns425, I know that you will find dress shirts for less than $100 MTM but again, it depends on the fabric used to create them. I know that $250 sounds very expensive but you will not get any shirt on the rack or MTM that will beat that. Tom Ford shirts (I own some) are not even that good (cost near $600).    Without going to a dress shirt made with Holland & Sherry fabric by a reputable tailor, you can get a superb Scabal shirt custom made for about $315. The price...
Rambo, you have your opinion but saying it like that will not help your case...   BobStrauss, I'm sure you will be able to find a watch matching your needs in your range by looking on Google or with other members of the forum. If you ever need advice on a more expensive watch one day, just let me know and I will be happy to help you.    In my opinion, Tissot, Citizen (as you mentioned) and Swatch would be good choices (at least known brands that have good quality...
Hi BobStrauss,   I will tell you one thing. All watches under $1,000 "are the same", work with Chinese movement, being ETA, done in a fast pace in a factory where poor people work.   Any that you find nice and affordable is good. 
I'll go short and say that brands "for clothing" from stores are mostly selling everything too damn high for cheap quality. Why pay a Tom Ford shirt $599 if you can have a great tailor make you a beautiful dress shirt of superb fabric (Scabal, Dormeuil, Holland & Sherry for a lot less?   Why pay $10,000 for a Kiton suit if you can have a tailor make it for you for a lot less (very good fabric)?    I would agree to pay a hand made watch over $20k because of...
Hi,   My name is Simon, 30 years old, from Montreal (Canada). Fanatic about luxury, fabrics, clothing, watches, cars, shoes, etc.    Also a big fan of James Bond (Daniel Craig) :-)   I've just started to get bespoke items, never going back to a store! LOL!
If you are looking for slim shirts, depends on your height and weight. I am 6,4 inches and 168 lbs. To me, only bespoke shirts are slim enough. I bought all the brands in 2 years and none fit like a custom made. For $250, I get a perfect shirt of excellent quality at my tailor.    Why pay $300 for a brand that does not fit your perfect... that's all folks.