or Connect

Posts by Scabal Fanatic

Hi,   Depends why you go to NYC. If you want to spend some quality time surrounded by nice places and items, Woodbury is not your place. It takes a good hour to go (and come back of course) , they charge you a bit over $100 (for 2) if not by bus. There are some better shops (Armani, Brioni and now Tom Ford) but the sizes there depends when you go. If they got new stock recently, you are ok, if not you are screwed.    I bought 2 items (took 2 hours to find at Saks off 5h),...
Oh, I paid a bit more than $49 to go (so near $150 for me and my wife). The price is not relevant, the "bang for the buck" to go there was not good enough for me. In 2013, $100 is about half a meal at a good restaurant, could not care less.    I tend to not find anything at those places because it is bigger sizes or colors that will not sell easy in midtown... It will please some people, I'm sure. Just not me. 
I thought the "restaurants" were crap to be honest. They sell the idea of "premium" outlets and they sell garbage food. I understand it is not 5th Avenue in Midtown but something a bit more decent. My opinion. 
Hi,   Well, I went to Woodbury 3 years ago and I would not go back to be honest. There is a certain price to pay for the transportation (that is ok). The place itself may not be the most beautiful or impressive place in the world but ok.   There are only some stores that are good to go and from there, it depends which size you wear. For me, it was not worth it because I have not found anything of my size.     The "restaurants" are not that good and there is a lot of...
Hi,   Well, society has changed guys. The young people are not interested in complicated procedures, explanations... They want fast answers. That is why you see a lot of threads with "simple questions". The brands are everything in the eyes of most people buying today. The 2 questions asked are "which brand and how much was it?" The lowest price and the most known brands are the best answer.    People believe that buying MTM is the holy grail of shopping today....
Hi,   To add to Jeff13007, another link to answer your question: http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2011/08/harvey-specter-from-suits.html     For the same romance factor, she outfits him with vintage cuff links from Sandy Wolson. His suits are Tom Ford, and they are tailored for the character. Shirts are also Tom Ford and Harry Rosen. "In Toronto, it is the center of the universe for men's clothing," Andreatta says. "It is very, very fashion forward....
Well, there are my experiences. I recently got a bespoke sport jacket made of VBC Super 130, half-canvassed. I also got a pair of trousers also VBC Super 130, all in navy blue, (revenge).    Also, I got 4 bespoke dress shirts 110 thread, 2-ply, Cotonificio Albini.    In a couple of months, I'm going to get a 3 piece suit (charcoal), Scabal Super 150, fully canvassed, as part of my new higher end wardrobe. When winter comes, I'll get myself a nice wool trench coat, also...
Let's see if that thread will take on well.    I would like it to be a place for people to exchange about high end suits. By that, I do not mean an Armani Collezioni or a Hugo Boss Black and no Prada or Gucci at +$2,000 that are not worth it (quality/price). Fused stuff or cheap half-canvassed fused parts, not welcomed! LOL!   I mean people that like better quality (custom made with very good fabrics or nice brands with real quality, like Brioni and Kiton). I see...
Hi,   I highly recommend you never wear something like that... It will simply destroy the style of what you wear... This is in the section of "crap" to most of us...    Sorry...
Hi,   I go to a tailor called Sartorialto, 5525, Papineau Avenue, Montreal (Plateau Mont-Royal). Marc Patrick and Daphnée will be able to help you in anything you need. They have a lot of talented italian tailors that will create for you, everything bespoke.    Very high end fabrics, very high end products, highly recommend them :-)