or Connect

Posts by mixedmajik

Thanks the hats do look all quite similar I'm surprised haha...i would never have guessed...which I know is especially true because the image of the Trilby hat is what I had been thinking was a fedora all this time...no wonder people thought I looked fruity with a striped grey one of those haha. I since googled fedora vs trilby and realized I don't even own a fedora...those other 3 or 4 hats I have make me a fraud. Definitely curious to see more styles now. Thank you guys.
@Quad I'm not going to be wearing hats to really formal pleasure so when i say dress shirt pant and shoe I just mean this is what I will be wearing just around the place...we could throw in polos here and there but I'm trying to improve so a dress shirt will be part of my everyday wear casually now...even in summer I guess which seems to be how to dress better.  I used to wear fedoras but I had comments that it made me look like a singer or some fruity guy so I...
Hi, Not a fan of the sun and getting darker/burnt in summer but not a fan of baseball caps...what are classic hats to go with dress shirts pants and some brown shoe style fits? Thanks,
...Where to buy AE conditioner in Canada? It's a 5 dollar product on the AE website but shipping to Canada adds 30 dollars to it...where can I get it for 5 bucks in Canada considering I'm nowhere near the Harry Rosen or whatever dealer in canada sells them? I couldn't find the conditioner on amazon either ;S....not a good situation
Thanks as always...I always thought soap was good to wash the shoes!  And for rainproof...what I was concerned with was those days where you leave in the morning and weather forecast says stuff is fine (ok...lets say you constantly don't check the forecast as soon as you see its sunny) and then later in the day after work its raining like crazy...take the plunge?  Surprised about the don't use rainproof spray...does it damage the shoe overtime or something? Seems like a...
For allen edmond sanfords/shoes in general...the lady at the store where I got some shoe trees told me the typical "oh so nice" and I was asking her what products I should use to keep them "oh so nice" and she said I only needed my shoe trees that I got and a neutral polish (since brown will get chunked in the broguing and mess up the walnut colour)...I asked her what about conditioner and she said no the neutral polish is enough...   I watched a video from a guy...
I already have a lot of shoes like those...like 2-3 pairs but they always crack near the toe area b/w the white rubber and the canvas material seam...its ridiculous. Thats why i figured at the time when i was big on sneakers to go get something more expensive...And yes i think its best to sell them...honestly i dont understand the point in keeping shoes just to run errands or wear in your house alone (who even wears shoes in their own house/parents house or apartment in...
@AZ Seeing as i'm not really being invited or going to any occasions can you let me know what type of occassions you were referring to where this can be worn?   @Reev Thanks but the guy below you turned me off your thread a bit...   @Flyingmonkey To be honest I stopped reading after the first line as soon as I read "lower class people"...   @VM What type of occasions would you wear them on/with what kind of clothes?   From the responses so far...I'm...
Hi guys...since I've started dressing better Over the past 6 months I've been buying leather shoes only...starting with hush puppy loafers, then sperry tassle loafers, then suede bucks, and recently some ebay deal allen edmonds... Now I'm wondering, does that mean these ralph lauren sneakers i bought in summer of last year and have yet to wear are pretty much a no-go/worthless? I ordered them to canada so they ran me about 90 bucks and I haven't worn them yet as I...
Wanted to follow up in case some browser in the future stumbles upon this thread...   I since have bought a pair of second hand allen edmonds for around 100 dollars off ebay and the listed USPS 32.95 shipping cost was ALL I paid...no extra fees...and this was bought from Canada from a USA seller...just my follow up.