or Connect

Posts by mixedmajik

To both of you, I stopped wearing jeans for 3 weeks and used the eczema/steroid cream on my leg and it was clearing the spots up. Tried jeans again for the first time agian today as doctor said once I finished the cream, and the spots have instantly become itchy and are re-emerging (exact same spots in exact same places)...extremely itchy and uncomfortable. The amount of restraint I'm exercising right now to not itch them is beyond humane. So what we can conclude for...
Funny you mention this because I just started re-using the Eczema/rash cream the doctor gave to me today since i noticed one of the spots started bleeding a bit (albeit i itched it a little to provoke that). Cream is a year old...not sure if smart to use...but will try it out. Definitely will have to find and buy more different fibres/material for pants. Really only have 3 khaki's but it is more like 1 after two of them were ruined by a tailor (cut way too short) last...
Gathering from the responses I will admit I am surprised because I did initially think this was a common occurence for many at one time or another but it actually does appear that this is not even close to being common at all. No pair of jeans i've bought pre-tailoring has ever been above 50 something dollars (read: student) so maybe there is something different in the materials of these cheaper jeans. I'll try and see if there is anything other than cotton or a common...
Hi, Thanks for the response. The OP was from october last year. I guess I should have mentioned that since then the spots are on both legs now Maybe I'll try the leg shaving thing. That silk patch is a cool idea too. Makes me wonder if there are jeans that are denim on the outside and the something softer on the interior...intriguing suggestion.
Hi I think you are right...after all these months i've tested out a few things to see what I can do but can't seem to completely omit jeans (who can?) from my wardrobe since they are so versatlie. It happens with all my 4 pairs of jeans so it likely is a dye thing as you thought. Problem is wearing it is just making the abscesses on the back of my legs larger and more noticeable.What can I do about this dye reaction? I thought of long johns underneath but I feel very...
Would it be a waste of money for a student (university) to buy a seersucker suit? I'm having a tough time thinking of when I would wear it...especially considering I have a backpack...which might ruin the suit...and that I don't go out to any place except the library haha (not drinking severely limits what you can do in school it seems). However I hear a seersucker is a staple wardrobe item. I'm not fantastic with style yet I'm buying pieces...excessively haha probably...
Potentially stupid question inbound:   Is it possible to have an allergy for denim of all things? I have this thing when wearing denim where the back of my left leg is itchy/disturbed by something that feels prickly in my denim on my leg. I threw away a pair of jeans that I thought was "pricking" me because of a loose stitch or thorn inside that I could not locate when I turned them inside out and then...but I've realized in every single pair of jeans i have, at this...
Fair enough. Forgive my ignorance. I think my question has been answered unanimously in favour of desert boots which is great. Thanks a lot. Tomorrow is another day, hopefully it will be more pleasant for you. Thanks again.
Thanks. I'll probably for the beeswax clark's contrary to Veremund's thinking. I've been swayed since you are now the second to respond in favour of the beeswax and your final point makes sense. I never saw white bucks as obnoxious since I could see them being paired with seersucker or denim/chinos but obviously I have no education of style etiquette as much as most around here.  Not to be obnoxious since this is how you've decided to perceive me, but you actually did ask...
  As a 20 year old, my style is to look better than others around me. Wear a lot of chino of various brown shades and a lot of denim...all fitted very well. Slim fit dress shirts and polos is what i wear on my top half and i leave them untucked...occasional tuck if putting on a sports coat (of which i have a grey and navy one) and as of late have been tucking in often since I'm going through a slim-fit sweater over dress shirt phase. Does this aid in your assessment? I...