or Connect

Posts by mixedmajik

Hi, Planning to get someone a gift who is about to graduate medical school. Was thinking a messenger bag so he can toss the backpack he's been wearing for 8 years and start looking more professional.   Being a college student going through some financially trying times right now, I absolutely cannot spend more than 80 dollars before shipping on this (preferably under 80 including shipping). Initially wanted to get the brown leather kenneth cole "come-bag-home" bag which...
Thanks a lot. I'll get the plain.
Are these shoes too loud even for casual wear (i.e would you style experts wear this)? Also, compared to traditional white bucks, which shoes would be more versatile and which would be more appealing? Thanks.  
Thanks to both of you. Yes I bought them from some store called Hudson Bay. Very difficult to find sperries online in Canada consistently from my experience. Maybe I should try Sebago instead even though they aren't the "authentic" shoe.
Bumping my question since I didn't get an answer. Also adding the fact that I do own another pair of sperries (and have had those for 2 years) in 8.5 but they feel slightly too long. Ideally I'm an 8.25 which is why I'm struggling here i.e. can I expect the 8's I'm struggling with to indeed break in further to the point of being an 8.2,5 length?
Hi, I am just wondering if after a week of trying to break in sperries around the house, if they still don't fit length-wise, should I be thinking of selling them instead of wishfully thinking they will eventually fit? I can't return them to the store I bought them in since I bought them out in another city. Plus I didn't keep the receipt because I'm an idiot. Thanks.
You're right forM. I think I will try it. I should have given an update because honestly I don't know what people are talking about. I decided to go with my gut and ask them to change the collar to a 15 (if its too large when it arrives I guess I'll be kicking myself) and they responded in less than 6 hours. I emailed both the support team and Leah and both responded in that time. Sorry to the rest of you but so far my experience with MT's customer service has been...
*deleted double post*
When measuring the collar of a dress shirt, I'm a little confused.  My best fitting shirt is labeled as a 15" neck/collar on the tag but when measuring a shirt for Modern Tailor they say measure the neck/collar of your best fitting shirt from the middle of the button to the middle of the button hole like this: The problem I'm having is when I do this I get 14", not 15. So I submitted 14" but it just feels absurd to me that there is such a discrepancy from the tag and...
I just ordered the new customer $20 dollar shirt from MT yesterday night and then found this thread when I woke up today. Getting worried by the responses given here lately regard CS. Is it recommended I cancel my order because it seems the company from the sounds of it here is no longer good? Also, for the neck measurement., although my best fitting shirt is written as a 15" collar on the tag but when I measured it the Modern Tailor way (from middle of top button to...