or Connect

Posts by mixedmajik

Oh okay thanks. I'll look for a hat like that with a 4" crown and 2" brim since it doesn't look overly large. I don't know why but to me most panama hats just seem so over-sized...as if it is part of a costume or something. They also remind me of safari hats which I dislike immensely. However, thoughts like these are the reason I know I have so much more to learn about classic style.
I meant university student, not high school. As of right now I wear mostly polos and dress shirts now so the baseball cap might clash with the style but maybe you're right in that there might not be an alternative here that won't estrange me.   Hypothetically though if I was...in my 30's and a graduate/non-student...what hat would you be recommending? I may or may not apply your answer a decade in advance
 Well I am a student on a budget but down-market is a pretty negative descriptor haha so that said, what kind of material in these hat styles are better to be looking at for summer wear? I can spend a bit more if I have to...just nothing over 50USD (or 60ish CAD) since I don't really like wearing hats a whole lot, but as of right now in summer it is getting a bit ridiculous going around without one. Thanks. I also take it from your post that either or hat is fine for...
Hi,   Really hot summer at times and even if it wasn't I don't like the sun. I also don't fancy large hats like the panama since my head isn't gigantic enough. Thus, I was wondering whether a white fedora or a white "insert hat name I don't know" is more "timeless" for man to wear? Also can someone fill me in on what the actual name for the second hat is?    Here are pictures of the two hat styles I'm deciding between. Do note I am assuming straw is the best summer hat...
  To both of you, I stopped wearing jeans for 3 weeks and used the eczema/steroid cream on my leg and it was clearing the spots up. Tried jeans again for the first time agian today as doctor said once I finished the cream, and the spots have instantly become itchy and are re-emerging (exact same spots in exact same places)...extremely itchy and uncomfortable. The amount of restraint I'm exercising right now to not itch them is beyond humane. So what we can conclude for...
Funny you mention this because I just started re-using the Eczema/rash cream the doctor gave to me today since i noticed one of the spots started bleeding a bit (albeit i itched it a little to provoke that). Cream is a year old...not sure if smart to use...but will try it out. Definitely will have to find and buy more different fibres/material for pants. Really only have 3 khaki's but it is more like 1 after two of them were ruined by a tailor (cut way too short) last...
Gathering from the responses I will admit I am surprised because I did initially think this was a common occurence for many at one time or another but it actually does appear that this is not even close to being common at all. No pair of jeans i've bought pre-tailoring has ever been above 50 something dollars (read: student) so maybe there is something different in the materials of these cheaper jeans. I'll try and see if there is anything other than cotton or a common...
Hi, Thanks for the response. The OP was from october last year. I guess I should have mentioned that since then the spots are on both legs now Maybe I'll try the leg shaving thing. That silk patch is a cool idea too. Makes me wonder if there are jeans that are denim on the outside and the something softer on the interior...intriguing suggestion.
Hi I think you are right...after all these months i've tested out a few things to see what I can do but can't seem to completely omit jeans (who can?) from my wardrobe since they are so versatlie. It happens with all my 4 pairs of jeans so it likely is a dye thing as you thought. Problem is wearing it is just making the abscesses on the back of my legs larger and more noticeable.What can I do about this dye reaction? I thought of long johns underneath but I feel very...
Would it be a waste of money for a student (university) to buy a seersucker suit? I'm having a tough time thinking of when I would wear it...especially considering I have a backpack...which might ruin the suit...and that I don't go out to any place except the library haha (not drinking severely limits what you can do in school it seems). However I hear a seersucker is a staple wardrobe item. I'm not fantastic with style yet I'm buying pieces...excessively haha probably...