or Connect

Posts by pickleweed

i know, but people tend to get hung up on things that dont necessarily matter sometimes.  thats what that preface was about.  although the lighting may be a bit difficult still, with the shadows and all that.  i boosted the exposure some.
im almost afraid to post this here, but what the hell....   so here's the gallery- http://imgur.com/a/8LNJK#1   please forgive the terrible lighting, shirt and shoes.  would love to hear your feedback regarding the fit of the suit.   my own opinions are that the waist needs to come in, big time.  like well over an inch.  it doesnt taper from the shoulders at all as it needs too.  the shoulders seem to sit properly, but may be too padded.  the chest seems to...
edit
    in this instance, the guy wasnt even looking to break the"rules".  he was actually looking to follow the them!   he wasnt looking for versatility, and was looking to wear the thing at funerals, which, until this thread, seemed like a perfectly appropriate reason to wear a black suit.  now aside from the daytime/nightime issue of the funeral (which, visually can be valid, but i find concerning yourself to be a fashion plate at a funeral to be......interesting) there...
  i tend to agree with you, the thread title is certainly calling for the attention.  but nonetheless, i just don't understand the incessant unabashed hatred of a black suit.  even when the guy asking knows/understands the rules and limitations and offers as much in his post.  
this is so ridiculous.   the correct answer here is - "ok"   i understand that the black suit is the bastard stepchild of suits, but lets be realistic here.  lets go through the checklist of why people are typically told not to buy a black suit    he's got other colors covered. he wants one, just to have one he plans on wearing it to funerals.   and people are STILL give him problems for it.  we have no idea of his complexion, the quality of the suit...
well, here's the results-   most everything that cousindonuts said was right on the money.   i met with the syle advisor last night.  she was a nice woman who came by with a couple jackets and books of fabric swatches.  I didnt really get the feeling she was really providing anything beyond a mobile salesperson.  which was pretty much as i expected.  what i found interesting, is that seemingly every adviser that has answered a thread in any search i did, as well...
  and i appreciate your honesty about the alerts.  but this is the kinda thing that scares me off a bit.  i want a company that makes quality suits, not hunts the internet for good press.  no offense, of course.  im sure businesses can be capable of both, but in my experience, when they do that, they seems focused more on flash and less on substance.   out of curiosity, how do you become a"style adviser"?  are there really any requirements for it other than being...
    that helps a lot actually, thank you.   i thought the suits were made in hong kong?   im looking for a slimmer, a bit more fashion cut.  hopefully they can accomodate that, because even though i thought the lookbook stuff looked nice, it was a bit conservative.  ill find out tonight :)   and i always assume that they take extra care for the suits used in the photoshoots.  im pretty untrusting of adverts lol
im meeting with the lady tonight.  shes going to show me samples of their fabrics, a completed suit jacket to get an idea for the quality and cut, and she'll supposedly take my measurements.  im not ready to buy yet, but ill report how it goes.   do you have any photos of what you've received from them?