or Connect

Posts by rjbman

Haven't posted in forever, here's something from recently.
Really not a huge fan of how the Expanse went from "Oh shit alien virus" into the Expanse itself. Given the name it was likely already planned out, but I feel myself less interested with each book. Just finished Cibola Burn and really not feeling a pressing need to read the next one. Onto The Water Knife now, hope it holds up well next to The Windup Girl. On the literary side I read Go Set A Watchman... there was a whole lot of drama when it first came out due to Atticus's...
Just started lifting again this past month after ~2 months off due to a Europe vacation and moving to Chicago. New roommate works out a ton and eats like a monster, so I've got high hopes for the winter. 
Definitely agree with The Windup Girl reccs, though I'd also stray from "cyberpunk" though I definitely can see how you'd get the vibe.   Ordered The Wise Man's Fear (already read it but now I've got a copy myself), The Slow Regard of Silent Things, and The Martian. Also ordered The Supermodern Wardrobe but that's more a coffee-table-casually-flipping-through book than a reading book.
I didn't think they did, but I don't usually fail on my second warmup so I'm assuming that's the cause. Originally was just following the order GSLP had them in.
I've failed 3 deadlifts lately due to my lower back not able to stand up straight. Is it possible my rows are exhausting it to the point that it can't handle the deadlifts? Should I just swap the order, or is it probably something way more serious than that?
I'm going into software dev after graduation.
Where do people stand on (exclusive) e-readers? I had/have a Kindle 1st Gen, debating picking up one of the newer Paperwhites or maybe even the Voyage. My biggest issue with them was that I liked being able to lend my books out to friends... not that many of my friends read much, but it's nice to have that option.
Everything about this is amazing.