or Connect

Posts by thelonius

Sounds as though you're trying for a free pair of shoes
That's good. And it's also part of the learning curve to understand that, as there's no peer review on such threads, no real way of checking on people's objectivity, no verified hard stats, it's necessary to doubt and question everything you read, from what ever source. It's a big problem with the Internet. Hendrix provides an excellent example of it just above, and you can find lots more in this thread alone.
I'm not sure that I understand this grouping of SF shoe followers. You are saying that the people in the second group tend to buy more pairs and spend more money on each of them - is that right, and people in group one tend to own fewer pairs and pay a lower, medium-range price for them?If that's true, that SF shoe followers tend to fall into these two groups, what do you think that signifies about them ?Also, how do you know this (I don't know who you are or what...
Yes, I assumed we were talking about Blake rapid.
I've never had any of their HWs before. Previously I supposed that only their bespoke service would use HW, but it's just recently that I understood it would be possible to order a RTW shoe or boot that was HW that I started to consider this option. In other respects, I've always bought the GYW models from the factory in Northampton, or from Herrings or Pediwear.Just wondered if anyone on this thread had some experience with their HW models.
Thanks. Some very interesting suggestions. How do you order the Enzo Bs ?
 And all the times I've even defended GY welting as opposed to Blake or cement construction, You'll have to go back and read the times you've put other techniques, including and especially Blake, on a higher scale than GY. This is paragraph is frankly laughable. .you talk about single examples ,  I only talk about my own experiences. It is you who attempts, but cannot, provide convincing evidence of the failure rate of this technique. Other professionals who've seen orders...
No-one, I think, is doubting DWFII's integrity and contribution to SF. He has provided so much interesting and valuable information and it is a delight to read it. I don't think it's a question of giving anybody "flake" (whatever that means). But DWFII presents an exagerated opinion about other qualities of shoes that is unmerited. It's all been discussed before. Presenting the GYW shoemakers as just money grabbing thieves creating expensive illusions is absurd. These...
Yes that's true and it's good news that some countries are now producing reasonably priced HW shoes, though the marketing and sales relies on the Internet, and that is sometimes a hassle for choosing the size to order over the web, and, I don't personally like the Hungarian styles that much. But ordering over the web has changed the issue (for as long as those countries can pay their craftspeople lower wages, of course). Otherwise, you're stuck with GYW that you can...