or Connect

Posts by sleepyjack

Brilliant — thanks for the quick reply and awesome advice!   Really great to have a resource like this forum (and of course the knowledge of the tailors!). Thanks again.
Hi there, I'm new to tailoring, but my question is about button detailing rather than fit. I was wondering if someone could please answer a question about colourful suit buttons — yea or nay?   I recently had a blue plaid (with some red stripes) three-piece suit made. It's my first "fun" (i.e. not work or professional attire) suit.   However, I thought it would be cool to have some odd/contrasting buttons on the suit rather than the standard black buttons that...
Hi guys, a couple questions for a MTM newbie over here: one about measurements; the other about Indochino's line of trench coats.   - First, a general question about tailoring. I recently had myself measured in a showroom, with the understanding that the measurements/textile preferences for a suit would then be forwarded offshore to a tailor in India, and then mailed back to Canada. Took about 15 minutes for the measurements. However, I asked the business a few weeks...
Hi guys, on the subject of other, cheaper (and by that, I mean under $300) trench coat options, I was wondering what your opinions were of this one from Club Monaco?   http://www.clubmonaco.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13015499&prodFindSrc=cart     For $79, the price is really great, I think. My only iffy point is that I'd love it if it were double-breasted as opposed to single-breasted. And I'd also prefer if there were some detailing on the sleeves like...
Did you ever end up ordering this trench from Uniqlo?   I've been looking for an affordable double-breasted trench like this one, but if you look closely at the sleeve straps/buckles, it looks like the buckles in that photo are a light khaki. The buckles on the Uniqlo trench are dark, maybe even black?   Anyone, how was the fit? And would you be able to share photos? I'm 5'9 and about 135 pounds, so I was wondering which fit would be good for me — Small or XS....