or Connect

Posts by WetbehindEars

Mangelo: I have a particular love of herringbone, that's one slick looking bag. You just made my decision a whole lot tougher... thanks Elliot: you're very right, it all depends on where you're working. I think a messenger bag would be perfect for a nurse, it's big enough to carry all the stuff you should have on you (sweater, basic first aid kit, water bottle, hand sanitizer, etc.) And timbuk2 sounds like the company to buy from... when I get a bit closer to actually...
I agree, depending on what business setting we're talking about (if I were working in a Berkeley food co-op it'd be fine, but definitely not for formal business). I'll check out some more jack spade, I know they're super popular and worth checking out. Thanks guys.
I've heard a lot of good things about the timbuk2 bags but I've never really been interested in them because they're very much messenger-bag style... Nothing against that, I just prefer a briefcase to a messenger bag (it's more versatile and also tends to have a bit less of a flap, which I personally find to get in the way when I'm trying to quickly get into my bag). Now that I see an actual picture of it though (instead of a stock photo, which usually don't represent the...
Jt: why the knomo over the filson? I'm curious of your reasons. Colonial: thanks for the heads up, it's always good to have a lot of resources and I especially appreciate that this one is budget conscious
Kcox: Thanks for the recommendation, that's a really nice bag, especially for that price. How's the quality? It's definitely a bit more grown-up than I'm thinking, but I'll keep it in mind when I need something a bit more serious. Thanks again for chipping in, it's much appreciated.   Artem: I completely agree, I don't want to walk around with a structured leather briefcase while wearing sneakers and a tshirt... I just want something that looks a bit better than my...
Double post
Hmm, I've heard quite a bit about filson but never looked into their briefcases, both that you mentioned are actually quite good looking - they do have a bit of a flap but it's not very large, quite classy actually. They aren't too expensive, either, thanks for the recommendation! I'll now obsess over the purchase for a few days trying to figure out which bag I want the most. Thanks again for the idea, I'll look into it If anybody else has ideas, feel free to share -...
Bump
Nick: yeah, the grad students I know make me look rich what's your field of study? If you're looking for a good case, what style are you looking for? There are several good briefcase threads around that have some good ideas depending on what you're looking for... also if you like the look of the knomo, I found a seller who is selling the brown version of the bag for $100... it's not as nice as the gray but it's still pretty awesome. If you like the look I'll give you his...
Alright, I posted this in the man bag thread but I figure it'll get more attention if I started a new thread. I'm a poor young college student that has only recently become interested in looking presentable (thanks in no small part to lurking around style forum). I'm currently looking for a new - less dorky - way of carrying around my laptop. I have a nylon laptop case that looks pretty bad, I'm interested in upgrading to something more stylish. I've been searching and...