or Connect

Posts by WetbehindEars

That's probably a good idea. Socks, too.After underwear, I'd start with a medium/dark suit (lighter than charcoal, and perhaps with an interesting weave like herringbone), navy trousers, tan trousers (lighter fabric), light tan blazer, brown captoes (maybe a bit of broguing), plain captoe black shoes, matching bridle leather belts (both with nickel buckles), some driving mocs (or loafers, something casual), as well as 10 or so dress shirts (mostly lighter colors, pink,...
If you're happy with pretty traditional styles, Allen Edmonds is an obvious choice (as many have already stated). I personally wouldn't buy anything from them other than their most classic styles; I don't think most of their other shoes are very attractive. Personal opinion, of course... and this might go without saying, but whatever you get, use shoe trees and leather conditioner/polish. It's the best way to keep leather of any quality level looking its best for as long...
If you're happy with pretty traditional styles, Allen Edmonds is an obvious choice (as many have already stated). I personally wouldn't buy anything from them other than their most classic styles; I don't think most of their other shoes are very attractive. Personal opinion, of course... and this might go without saying, but whatever you get, use shoe trees and leather conditioner/polish. It's the best way to keep leather of any quality level looking its best for as long...
Do you mean older handmade garments?
Haha I laughed out loud at that and now my coworkers are looking at me strangely.
Yeah, it's hard to get rich when you're making labor-intensive goods from quality materials and not overcharging; but I'd take a good trade over being rich any day. Thanks again for all the hard work, a Havana west end will be ordered as soon as I hit 180ish
Wow... you get a lot in there! Thanks for the detailed description; now this really is hard to decide... I'll think about it for a while, thanks all for sharing.
Charlie, I've been reading through the entire equus thread, marveling at the beautiful leather goods that people have kindly posted pictures of. I currently am not in a position to buy one of your belts (I just lost 25 lbs and I'm planning on at least 15 more) but once my waistline stabilizes, you can be sure that I'll be placing an order. For now, all I can say is that it joys me to see that someone is building a quality product for a fair price, while kindly and...
Yes, it did seem to be more of a briefcase, thanks for the information. My only reservation is the rounded top corners; do they cut down on the internal space or is the case still big enough for a 15 inch laptop? Does it look strange in real life?
Your response is most appreciated, it is great to hear from someone who is experienced and who works in the trade. I have only had time currently to finish a few linen handkerchiefs, I've experimented with several different stitching styles to try to get better at hand sewing. Do you have a recommended textile from which to make my first pants? I'm thinking denim but perhaps that is too heavy... what do you think?