or Connect

Posts by tigerpac

You could have at least put in the effort to google some pictures after your personal insults before.  Or a simple, sorry I made something personal that has no need to be - would be lovely..   As usual you take a grain of a truth and stretch it into your full conclusion.     You are correct in that, more precise machining will result in some better elements of finishing, mostly consistency as you mentioned correctly.  You're taking for granted that machining is the...
I realize you continue to try and change the argument to Journe.  And yes, I'm well aware that finishing isn't near the top of the list for Journe personally.  But I'm also aware that a lot of hand finishing goes into each piece, I've seen it myself at his manufacture in Geneva. Which incidentally took a bit more than 3 minutes.   Patek's higher end pieces are finished better, but in the entry-level they've slipped.     Please enlighten us with evidence...
And if you think this is at the same or lower level of finish as the patek I posted before you'd be on a lonely island by yourself.  
  Wow you got me!  Make me vomit? You sound like a child. Embarrassing for the whole board really.
You change the premise of the conversation and then go about proving your point.    What you started with "...movement finishing should not be a deciding factor in picking a watch."  is not "I'd like to see objective evidence that Patek is "reducing quality." "   Your statement about movement finishing may be true for most, including myself. (I do know a couple collectors who actually do heavily weigh finishing but I wouldn't say they're the norm) Finishing is,...
 Should I post the pictures again?  I agree with you on the resale points but you can't ignore the photographic evidence.
Lots of interesting discussion here!   In re Patek - it depends on which side of the discussion you're coming from.  Resale/collectible side vs. execution/technical.   Obviously we know the king of the resale and collector sector currently.  No doubt there.  Even the regular pieces hold value fairly well.     However, I frankly think their current entry-level stuff is made for the opposite of collectors.  The finishing is second if not third tier.Small old movements...
The pull of the bleu is strong! Thinking about it even though I have a Chrono Sovereign...
^Speaking of speedmasters.  Thoughts on the ck2998 reissue?  Anybody see one in the metal?  They're just starting to trickle out into the wild.
 Yes it was. I didn't quite get it either...