or Connect

Posts by tigerpac

Wow you got me!  Make me vomit? You sound like a child. Embarrassing for the whole board really.
You change the premise of the conversation and then go about proving your point.    What you started with "...movement finishing should not be a deciding factor in picking a watch."  is not "I'd like to see objective evidence that Patek is "reducing quality." "   Your statement about movement finishing may be true for most, including myself. (I do know a couple collectors who actually do heavily weigh finishing but I wouldn't say they're the norm) Finishing is,...
 Should I post the pictures again?  I agree with you on the resale points but you can't ignore the photographic evidence.
Lots of interesting discussion here!   In re Patek - it depends on which side of the discussion you're coming from.  Resale/collectible side vs. execution/technical.   Obviously we know the king of the resale and collector sector currently.  No doubt there.  Even the regular pieces hold value fairly well.     However, I frankly think their current entry-level stuff is made for the opposite of collectors.  The finishing is second if not third tier.Small old movements...
The pull of the bleu is strong! Thinking about it even though I have a Chrono Sovereign...
^Speaking of speedmasters.  Thoughts on the ck2998 reissue?  Anybody see one in the metal?  They're just starting to trickle out into the wild.
 Yes it was. I didn't quite get it either...
Just got back from vacation, spent some time in Switzerland and Italy so lots of watch-related content.  One of the more interesting stories came during a wine tasting tour: our tour guide through the Chianti region of Tuscany was sporting a vintage Rolex Pepsi.  So I asked him about it and turns out he was a big watch guy.  Had a nice conversation and he let me photograph his beautiful 1675 with plexiglass.  Turns out he had a Paul Newman Daytona in the 80's but sold...
^The emperor is dead, long live the emperor.
 My AD said they got 4 so far.