or Connect

Posts by tigerpac

Yes it was. I didn't quite get it either...
Just got back from vacation, spent some time in Switzerland and Italy so lots of watch-related content.  One of the more interesting stories came during a wine tasting tour: our tour guide through the Chianti region of Tuscany was sporting a vintage Rolex Pepsi.  So I asked him about it and turns out he was a big watch guy.  Had a nice conversation and he let me photograph his beautiful 1675 with plexiglass.  Turns out he had a Paul Newman Daytona in the 80's but sold...
^The emperor is dead, long live the emperor.
 My AD said they got 4 so far.
 Thanks so much! I've had the CS for a year and a half now and it has only grown on me more since getting it. My wife's Elegant is only a few months old but she's pretty much obsessed with it (to the detriment of the other nice watches she has).For me, Journe is such a great mix of genuine watchmaking, aesthetics, and his personal passion. Each watch design has a story behind it and the man himself will tell it to you. Such a classic aesthetic, but playful enough that...
Happy Memorial Day - Hope everybody has a great day with friends and family  
^I tend to agree that, when splitting hairs, the Lange 1 case is a bit too bulky vs the elegance of the watch. It's almost like Lange has 1 case that they just adjust to size for everything across their lines; saxonia to datagraph.
^While I like the reference it was actually sort of the opposite. I saw Ben the night he got the Daytona C at an unrelated watch event and he wasn't even wearing it so as to not get mobbed.
 The VC Historiques Cornes de Vache 1955 or 'That beautiful chronograph with cow horn lugs' for us Americans.
Got to play with this one in the metal recently....  Just lovely.