or Connect

Posts by Robhiggy

Balvenie had an event here in Austin that was great as well. Informative presentation and cool stuff in their curated collection of handcrafted goods. Overall I thought the scotches were good not great, and thought the 12yr double wood was the best sipper for the money.
I always use a rich 2:1 gum syrup to give it fuller body and a silky mouthfeel. It always lends a weight that makes a world of difference and doesn't turn out watered down at all.
I lied about havin my last summer drink...enjoying a Pisco Punch on my back patio. Pisco Porton...
It makes a great, smooth daiquiri and I agree you can't beat the price for an aged rum.
Daiquiri with 2oz Flor de Cana 4 year, 2/3oz fresh squeezed lime, 1/3oz gum syrup (Liber & Co.) one of my last summer drinks before the Jack Rose becomes the go-to.
Tonight is a Jungle Bird...1.5oz black strap rum, .5oz Campari, 2/3 oz Liber & Co. Pineapple Gum Syrup, .5oz lime juice. Shaken and strained over crushed ice in a rocks glass. http://liberandcompany.com/products/pineapple-gum-syrup
Old fashioned with Buffalo Trace, 1/4oz Liber & Co. Classic Gum Syrup, Angostura bitters...classic and perfect after a stressful day.
Shameless plug but I own a cocktail ingredient company called Liber & Co. I honestly drink our Spiced Tonic Syrup three times a week...why sell it if you don't enjoy it?? I also love wine and will drink a good glass of Cotes du Rhone or Bordeaux any time of day!
Hey everyone,   I'm a Texan currently working in DC, where style goes to die.  I've been a fan of SF for a couple of years and use it almost as a reference for specific product reviews at this point.  I figured it was time I joined and started participating instead of being a wallflower.  I'm all about basic heirloom-quality pieces that build a wardrobe that will be as good or better in 10 years than it is now.  I'm right at 6'0" and 175lbs and athletically build...