or Connect

Posts by haze324

Agree on Last Call shirts and for a little slimmer I like Nordtrom Rack shirts.  Both around 30-35 bucks.
There's a post on this forum that has a hierachy of suits.  You'll find in that price range Suitsupply and eHaberdasher Benajamin Satorial line. 
They are the same suits as Joseph Bach, same/similar quality to M. Valentino.  Should be half canvassed/floating chest piece and modern cut.   A store in town carries them for roughly 400.00; and to be honest they are the best off the rack fitting suits I own.  For the price, quality and fit they are great for me.  In fact, I've been trying to find other places that sell them and see if I can order a few at a discounted price.  If you can shoot me the name the of the...
I've seen some Cole Haan's around that price range that would be a superior shoes to the common retail store brands (CK, Kenneth Cole, etc.)
well fitted shirt and pants matched with the correct tie, belt and shoes makes a world of difference over someone who simply has a shirt and tie on.
Anyone here familiar with their "house brand" suits?  Half canvassed, slimmer fit, etc.  Seem similar quality to M. Valentino from the Wiz. not a bad bang for your buck?
I was in your shoes not long ago and purchased a handful of suits at Macy's myself.    First read the articles here they discuss how to build a business wardrobe and what type of suits, shirts, ties to purchase.   None of the Macys are really that great in quality but if I had to pick the ones that fit/feel best I'd go with the CK's or Ralph Lauren.  The RL's have a more traditional cut (and I think slightly better quality) while the CK's offer a slim fit.  On...
Great thread.   1. Quality over Quanity.   2. When I first started wearing suits for work (last 12 months), I got advice from the guy who looks sharp at work.  I went to Mens Wearhouse and got ripped off, then I saw some great deals at Macys and thought I should buy some suits there.  Since then I've purchased a few quality good fitting suits and they are the ones I wear most.  The cheaper suits hardly make it into the rotation and they just feel cheap when I...
Redo the shoulder pads?   I recently picked up a few cheaper/disposable suits for work and the fit was great except for a dip in the shoulder pads (not the sleeve hanging over) around my traps between neck and shoulder.  I took it to a nearby tailor and he said the cut and tailoring of the suit was causing it to tug and bring that part down.  He did some minor alterations and it looks much better but I keep thinking if the small area that "dips" had some extra...
Jns, seems we are on the same boat.  Let me know if you find any that work.  I'm 5'10 200lbs 17 neck, 33/34 waist and 34 arms, large shoulders and chest.  I've been on a hunt for some good fitting shirts to wear with suits for work.  So far Nordstrom brands is fitting the best. There's a Nordstrom Rack where I live and I grabbed a few for 35 bucks. Hugo Boss sharp fit, fit me REALLY well ---- but, not really the best quality for work shirts and pricey for daily wear....