or Connect

Posts by flexiflex

The problem seems to be gone after my rant. I have posted the following two threads eariler. would like to hear people's thought:   "your thoughts on Cartier Watch - Tank series.   http://www.cartier.co.uk/#/show-me/timepieces/w5200004-tank-solo-watch,-large-model   http://www.cartier.co.uk/#/show-me/timepieces/w5200003-tank-solo-watch,-large-model   I am looking for dress watch with leather strap, budget is about $2.5k"     and   "Last time...
I found it extremely difficult to join the conversation being new here at SF. Everytime I put up a post I was reminded that because I am new it needs to go through the screening process to make sure I am " human"... I don't know who invent this process but it is frustrating because my post would then show up 24 hours after.   I would be lucky to get any response...   And no, I don't want to stack up my posts just for the sake of it.   end of rant. and thanks...
Last time when I picked up my suits from the tailor I saw there were a pile of ties hanging. the tailor told me that he has been doing lots of tie lately, slimming the width and length to give them a more modern look. all by hand of course.   I didn't even think of such service existed... have people tailored their tie before? what are your thoughts on this?
your thoughts on Cartier Watch - Tank series.   http://www.cartier.co.uk/#/show-me/timepieces/w5200004-tank-solo-watch,-large-model   http://www.cartier.co.uk/#/show-me/timepieces/w5200003-tank-solo-watch,-large-model   I am looking for dress watch with leather strap, budget is about $2.5k
Previously I was seeking advice from the forum members about finding a good alteration place for my suit. I am glad to report back that I am a happy customer from Hayal and Son in the Sydney CBD. However they are definitely not cheap.   Also I just like to say that I have made a massive mistake by wearing my near new Crocket and Jones on a rainy day in the Sydney CBD. I think I have pretty much ruined the beautiful leather sole, and almost got myself killed...(skiing...
  good insight there, thanks for the info Prince.   Have you guys noticed the suits in Farage are all in peak lapels? I also agree that MJ suits seem to be better quality compared to Farage. Price is cheaper as well.   is there a Paul Smith stocklist here in Sydney? What do people think about their suits?
Not a big fan of Topy for shoes. especially if the workmanship is poor then it can be quite obvious that a thin layer of plastic has been stuck on. look cheap to me. why ruin your shoes that way? I try not to wear my shoes more than twice a week.
Do any of you guys meet up or anything like that? I think we are a bunch of niche as the state of Australian fashion is shocking. At least in Sydney, Melbourne is noticeably better.   I think due to the this fact the price of quality men fashion items in this country will continue be high, and will be difficult to find.    I haven't ordered anything (clothing items) online, but I think I will have to go down that path at some point.
I understand the reason to offshore and have the suits made in China, as the labour cost is cheap. But why Japan? Thought the labour cost is comparable to Australia. Japan is renowned for quality products and having stuff made in Japan give me the same impression. Why MJ doesn't have their products made in Australia and they can put a stamp on their suit, (100% Aussie made) I already bought 2 suits from MJ, and I didn't look at Herringbone and they don't fit me very well....
Thanks for taking the time for the above advice. Great tips there.   Something I might add is that your preference will change. what you like today will be quite different later on. So if you are starting to build your wardrobe, try to get something that is classic in style and in good quality, which is unlikely to go out of style and they will last. For example if you are getting a nice pair of shoes, instead of getting a pair of fashion foward black pointy shoes from...