or Connect

Posts by flexiflex

Yes the guy in Burlington St. He actually did a good job of replacing the heel of my Tods. For the metal tip he installed the crescent-style toe taps which looks a bit dodgy so I wasn't too impressed. Overall his work is good, but expect to pay a bit more.   One thing about my Yanko shoes I need to replace, the shoes laces! it is a bit too long. I would like to get the flat one in either burgundy or black in the right length. I think Double monk will have good selection...
Just received my first Yanko shoes. It is a burgundy brogue. I am sure you guys have heard it before, the quality is below Carmina, but above Meermin. I would say it is close to or just below C&J. (Btw I rate Carmina above C&J (not the handgrade).   The leather of my carmina is definitely more supple, softer and nicer to touch. Nonetheless I am very happy with the purchase. It is a good quality shoes, way above the quality of my Meermin.        Put the Yanko...
I have done that too. Ordered a Denim shirt and it turned out very nice indeed. Japanese Denim and made in Japan. it was dearer than the other fabric but worth it.
 Yes. agree.  Isn't B&Tailor from S. Korea? Do they have shop in Sydney? How does it work? what is their price range?   I think lots of HK based tailors travel to US, UK, now Australia too. I might have to wait until I go to HK to get the suit made in a proper way... thanks for all the comments guys!
The Meermin ruby cordovan boots look fantastic.    Actually I ordered a pair of swede loafer from Meermin few weeks ago. the process was painless. From order to receiving the goods took less than 3 weeks. Quality is very good considering the price. it fits very well. no surprises.That was my first time ordering from Meermin and that was my first Meermins too. It comes with channel sole.   For the Cordovan boots, last time I checked was about 500 euro. Good value I...
 Thanks for your comment Jay. WW Chan is actually here in Sydney from tomorrow and Friday. I am considering getting a suit made. I had a chat with them on the phone and they advised that there won't be any subsequent fittings. They recommended me to bring / wear my suit for them to measure as well. Price is starting from $13,000. HKD for the VBC Super 140's. it takes about 4 months. What are people's thoughts about it?  I might go to HK next year. Should I wait to do it...
What are the pros and cons of using travelling tailor in a trunk show? I did a search and couldn't find anything.    I guess one of the cons is that you won't get the fittings which is important for the bespoke experience. The pros is that you save the cost of travelling.   If you don't get the fittings from bespoke tailors such as B&Tailor, Kevin Seah or WW Chan, is it comparable of  getting a MTM suit?   Is it recommended if you never have "Bespoke" suits?   Also...
The problem seems to be gone after my rant. I have posted the following two threads eariler. would like to hear people's thought:   "your thoughts on Cartier Watch - Tank series.   http://www.cartier.co.uk/#/show-me/timepieces/w5200004-tank-solo-watch,-large-model   http://www.cartier.co.uk/#/show-me/timepieces/w5200003-tank-solo-watch,-large-model   I am looking for dress watch with leather strap, budget is about $2.5k"     and   "Last time...
I found it extremely difficult to join the conversation being new here at SF. Everytime I put up a post I was reminded that because I am new it needs to go through the screening process to make sure I am " human"... I don't know who invent this process but it is frustrating because my post would then show up 24 hours after.   I would be lucky to get any response...   And no, I don't want to stack up my posts just for the sake of it.   end of rant. and thanks...