or Connect

Posts by flexiflex

Anyone have this shoe tree and can share their experience in terms of their quality, sizing, etc? I am about to order some.   http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/product-info.php?colset=1&styleid=381&shoeid=1482&brandid=6&catid=70&oldcolid=686&stype=0&colourid=686     I bought some shoe tree from Amazon USA. I think they are Woodlord. not sure why lots of people praise it. I found it pretty average.   This one from Herrings looks much better. It looks very similar to the...
It's Tax return time and I really appreciate if someone can answer this. I tried to find info online but not sure if I got the right answer.   If I were to purchase a hand carry luggage cost $1000 on the 1st of July. 90% of its use is for business.   Therefore $900 for business use.   As a depreciation asset if we do it in 4 years.   How much I can claim back. Real money back in my pocket. What is the formula.   I tried to look it up online and but there are too...
 It's not too bad for me because the mirror shines usually last quite long. I also put on records and sipping whiskey whilst doing it. Would you pay someone to do it for you? I would if you ask me. In Australia we are very behind when it comes to shoes. it is getting better I tho.
 Thanks for the confirmation. I know how to do a mirror shine, have watched plenty of videos and did few pairs of my own. Was just wondering whether spending 2 or more hours is normal... I get that some members on this forum are not a big fan. For those who are, how long does it take to do yours??
 I always found your advice helpful JM! I found a cobbler in Crows nest who is willing to install the flush metal taps, thats why I want to give it try and report back result. Also, for me shoes is an art form of beauty. I know no one is going to look at the bottom of my shoes. However I hate the idea of having a subpar doggy metal thing installed in my beautiful made shoes.  Thanks also for the warning about using Renomat on C&J. Will do more research on that.    I did...
In average, how long does it take to properly shine and polish a pair of shoes? It takes me more than 2 hours and I am thinking I am spending too much time due to my skill level.   When do you feel you need to strip the wax (I am using Renomat) and start over again?   Last time I did my C&J Sydney loafer. I think I put too much wax, so the creased areas have some residual white patches. I am wondering if I need to strip the whole shoes and start again.   Also do you...
Does anyone know if Doublemonk in Sydney Strand Arcade stocks any accessories, such as metal toe tip?
After many trials and errors,I think I havr accommplished what I intended.
Got few questions about removing stains from my tan shoes.    I have a pair of tan brogue wingtip. I much prefer the vintage look so I am trying to change the colour to a darker shade.    A newbie mistake. I think I have used an old cloth when applying dark brown cream, which ultimately stained my tan colour with dark/black stains.   I tried using Renomat to remove it but with not much success.    How do you use Renomat properly? there is no instruction other than...
 I asked Coombs a few weeks back and they confirmed they don't do flush top tap, even if you supply them. Double Monk is going to open in the Stand Arcade soon, probably by the end of this month. I found a cobbler who is willing to install flush top tap in Crows nest. The price is very reasonable, but unfortunately his top taps are quite old school and looking horrible.  I think I will buy the toe taps from DM and get this cobbler in crows nest to install for me. I will...