or Connect

Posts by nvestr

What is the color of this suit called? Is this color considered conservative for business wear? Just curious if you guys think it looks too much like a baby blue suit versus a blue-grey suit... Looking for opinions! I work in finance.   https://www.dropbox.com/s/i6amk0laudxyvjp/rsz_light_blue.jpg
Hi all, I am due to invest in a new winter overcoat (I know it's an odd time of year to discuss this, but I am thinking ahead). I am looking for a fully-lined winter coat as I live in eastern Canada. Weather is a bit colder than say, Boston, but not by much. I have a trim but athletic figure - 6' tall, 175 lbs. I wear 38R jackets and I like a tailored/slim fit. I work in wealth management. I want the overcoat to have lapels with an italian look - it will be worn over a...
Sorry - double post. The forum told me it encountered an error and didn't post... apparently it did...
Hi guys,   I am contemplating buying a Tag Carrera Calibre 1887 43mm in either black face/black strap or white face/brown strap. It is a very large watch, quite sporty (has day date and chronograph, etc.). It's also an automatic movement so it is a very thick watch.   I love the look of the watch and I find that it does fit well (I am not a big guy, I wear a 38R jacket, but my forearms are slightly bigger than average so the watch fits me). I work in finance and my...
Hi guys,   I am contemplating buying a Tag Carrera Calibre 1887 43mm in either black face/black strap or white face/brown strap. It is a very large watch, quite sporty (has day date and chronograph, etc.). It's also an automatic movement so it is a very thick watch.   I love the look of the watch and I find that it does fit well (I am not a big guy, I wear a 38R jacket, but my forearms are slightly bigger than average so the watch fits me). I work in finance and my...
Hi guys,   Sorry to revive an old thread.   I am interested in a set of ed et al RTW. Contacted them by email 3-4 days ago and no reply. Is this normal?   I am looking at a set of Outrams in Antique Brown.
Thanks - will check them out for sure to see how they fit me.   I honestly go to Vegas more often than any other major city in Canada - so I'm stuck on Vegas.   Any other options? I will def consider and try RLBL..
Hi all,   I live in Atlantic Canada where there are little to no options for quality suits. I am going to Vegas a few times over the coming months and figured I'd get a better deal buying there.   What is the best value in that price range? Not sure if it's possible to get a decent MTM suit for that price. Also, wondering if there are better places to go in Vegas to avoid the "tourist premium" on suits.   Can I get Canali, Zegna or Cornelliani in that price...
Rocking a Tissot PRS200 in two-tone silver and gold. What do you guys think of Tissot?  
Thank you gents - I do have a single black cashmere overcoat that I bought several years ago before I really had any idea what proper tailoring meant. It's a high quality garment but it is just too big around the waist. I will see if I can get it tailored to become at least close to my size - lol.   I may get a camel and a charcoal overcoat - perhaps the camel in SB and the charcoal in DB to keep things fresh?   Thanks for the comments!