or Connect

Posts by StevenE

Um on first view not a fan of that Y-3 show. They've had a run of good shows recently but tbh I thought this was maybe the least inspired collection of clothes bearing Yohji's name (well, initial) I've ever seen.   Some nice items through-out though, (though the best looks were front-loaded) and good to see the dog get some more airtime. Didn't help that the set looked like the interior of a Fat Face store though. 
Some beautiful items, all too big for me though. Did you mean to mark them collection only?
The most recent S/S collection seemed unusually expensive to me, so IMO it's not just an AW thing - though too an extent AW's usually going to have denser clothes and heavy coats and things which are more likely to be expensive.   I only hopped on the yohji train in late 2010 and i'd say the average price has moved somewhat - or at least i'm seeing a few more items in the conduit street store breaking the £2,000 mark (like those beautiful SS jackets that looked rain...
Oh man!   What a collection - while it has its own prints, it's a much quieter, maybe even subdued-seeming collection than the last, but in its own way much more radical - some of the most out-there cuts of Yohji's career throughout - especially in those strappy half-jackets. Amazing. 
“Films don't have to be always about drama... This is a story that could be summarized in just a few words. Ozu makes an entire movie out of the most common things of the most common people of the world. Yet, the film conceals so much humanity and profound emotion. He depicts a reality that doesn’t even exist anymore in today’s modern life...” - Yohji Yamamoto   So I saw the S/S15 invite on YYO Facebook this morning. Obviously as a Ozu fan it's tremendously exciting...
Yohji. 
I will debut my dog here. 10 month old Labrador/Springer/Chihuahua/Jack Russell mix. He was all black, small and angular so I did the only appropriate thing and named him Yohji. A YYPH jacket makes a cameo, but never mind the throw.    https://vine.co/v/Mj6qLv65Xba
Those shots look incredible.
Prices aside - that collection's looking better and better. My first impression when I saw the Femme show clips and shots was that it was Yohji performing at his very highest level. I don't think I was wrong.
Yeah I did. It was only £5 including postage, so more than worth a punt.    I check Etsy from time to time, because some interesting Yohji pieces do surface and they seem to get less attention than on the more obvious sites to check. Tends to skew quite heavily towards the 80s though, at least the times i've checked, which can limit choice for the shoulderpad-phobes among us.